Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Forgetfulness And Doubts In Salah

Tagged: ,

• Forgetfulness And Doubts In Salah

Posted by Ali Akhtar on January 5, 2022 at 6:46 am

A.s. I recently feel like I have developed some issue where I forget everything. As a result of this I am struggling alot in life. The worst thing about this is that my Salah is being disrupted. Whenever I pray, in the middle I forget the rakah I’m on or if I performed a certain act or not and whether my prayer is valid or not.As a result I perform sajdah sahv but I still feel like my prayer may not be accepted by ALLAH as this is in every prayer and I am feeling really depressed as a result. What can I do please help.

Umer replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Forgetfulness And Doubts In Salah

Umer updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator January 6, 2022 at 3:23 am

Performance of Sajda-e-Sehaw would compensate for all such mistakes and/or doubts one was having, including those one came to know after their prayer.

What you can do is try to make you Salah better through more khushu and try to perform each action of Salah with focus and not with any hurry.

Firstly, one should always keep the purpose of Salah in mind, when you keep reminding yourself the purpose of Salah every time you’re about to pray, this will not only help you focus on your salah, but salah will no longer remain a mere ritual for you, it will become something bigger and more real.

Secondly, Salah consists of a few obligatory azkaar (compulsory utterances of a prayer) and few optional azkaar (non-compulsory utterances of a prayer). The former needs to be in Arabic at all costs (which mainly includes reciting fatiha and some portion of Quran afterwards). The latter part is left to the person to recite in a language of their own choice, recite whatever they like and how many times they likes. This is the part (latter) if done in a language of understanding, helps one to establish a better relationship with Salah and triggers a lot more emotions at a human level than just reciting some zikar without knowing its meaning. This will make Salah more of a real connection with God and not just a ritualistic endeavour and you will feel a whole lot of difference. For further details on what are obligatory azkaar and what are optional azkaar, please refer to the videos provided below.

Lastly, please keep in mind that praying of Salah itself is a great achievement, if you’ve done that, it means you’ve fulfilled one of the major commands of Allah. This act itself is very commendable, because it requires effort to perform Salah and when one is exerting that physical effort, that means one does have a true faith and is taking all the effort to express his relationship with Allah. Therefore, never feel bad about your Salah, but one must at the same time try to improve their salah, this is a continuous effort. Remember! we are all humans, achieving perfection is not required by God, however, will and effort to achieve it is all that is required. Keep striving toward the right goal with pure intentions and Insha’Allah you will get all your reward.

Following advice of Ghamidi Sahab will be helpful in how to achieve more Khushu in Salah:

Discussion 59120 • Reply 60704

https://youtu.be/Fyg0rIjimhI

• Umer

• Umer

• Umer

Moderator January 6, 2022 at 3:24 am

• Ali Akhtar

Member January 6, 2022 at 5:02 am

JazakALLAH.

• Umer

Moderator September 23, 2022 at 11:30 pm

• Umer

Moderator December 26, 2022 at 1:19 am

• Umer

Moderator January 1, 2023 at 9:43 pm

The discussion "Forgetfulness And Doubts In Salah" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now