Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is It Permissible To Wear Permanent Human Hair Extensions In Islam?

• Is It Permissible To Wear Permanent Human Hair Extensions In Islam?

Posted by Samia Shah on January 6, 2022 at 10:16 am

Asalam o Alaikum!

I recently got permanent human hair extensions with a 6D hair extension machine (a stapler-like machine that installs hair extensions). The extensions only need a reset every 3-4 months, and last a lifetime. I experienced hair loss in young age and that caused me a lot of stress, and even after getting several treatments done, there was no improvement. Thus, I decided to get extensions. However, after getting them done, I found out through several scholars that it is forbidden in Islam and now I’m quite worried about it. Please share your knowledge about the ruling on using such hair extensions in Islam. JazakAllah hu khyr!

Umer replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Is It Permissible To Wear Permanent Human Hair Extensions In Islam?

Umer updated 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 12:10 am

There’s nothing wrong with getting a a wig or hair entensions as long as they’re not used to deceive anyone (thus falling in 5 broad categories of prohibitions mentioned in Quran Surah Araf, Verse 33). For example an old man wears a black wig in order to marry a younger woman without ever disclosing his age to her. In that case it would be morally wrong, hence prohibited.

Please refer to following videos:

https://youtu.be/fjsH8Vltb5s

• Umer

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 12:10 am

Please also refer from 45:38 to 46:26

The discussion "Is It Permissible To Wear Permanent Human Hair Extensions In Islam?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now