Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Atom's Weight Of Arrogance And Faith.

• Atom's Weight Of Arrogance And Faith.

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on January 7, 2022 at 8:57 am

At-Tirmidhi (1999), Abu Dawood (4091) and Ibn Maajah (59) narrated from ‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No one will enter Paradise in whose heart is an atom’s weight of arrogance and no one will enter Hell in whose heart is an atom’s weight of faith.”

(My question is What If the person has faith and arrogance at the same time?)

example:- If a person commits minor sins but he avoids major sins cause he thinks that If he avoids major sins his minor sins will be forgiven according to verse 4.31 which is true but also at the same time he keeps commiting minor sins.

So In this case he has faith and arrogance at the same time .

So will he be forgiven on the day of judgement as he avoided the major sins and Allah promised that he one who avoids major sins his reward is his minor sins will also be forgiven.

Dhruv replied 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Atom's Weight Of Arrogance And Faith.

• Umer

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Arrogance (Istakbaar) which is unforgivable is the one where a person stands in rebellion to God. This doesn’t constitute minor sins being continuously committed unintentionally or under influence of emotions and whishes. The very fact that person is careful about major sins indicates that he’s not standing in rebellion to God. However, this attitude is disturbing where a person decides that he will intentionally keep committing minor sins as long as he stays away from Major Sins. A conscious muslim will always strive to get better with every passing day, and if he fails, he tries again. But giving in to minor sins just for the sake of it, without any remorse? that’s unheard of and unbecoming of a conscious Muslim.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member January 8, 2022 at 12:45 am

Yes I agree with you sir. Just a sudden thought came in my mind and So I asked. I kept aside philosophy and human factor and asked the question in a systematic manner. Example:- A student studies only to become pass not to score good marks so what if a muslim also act like this. Yess It’s unheard and somehow hypothetical but not impossible actually.

• Dhruv

Member January 16, 2022 at 1:25 pm

Mohammed bhai I tell you my understanding regarding major and minor sins may be that may help you..if someone unknowingly committing major sins..like having sex before marraige…but when he came to know it is a major sin then he should do sincere repentance and should not repeat that again…but person like us who already know this a major sin and then commit this sin…then according to me this is sarkash attitude…regarding touching, kissing are considered minor sins as compared to actual intercourse…and accordingly intensity increases like for touching(with intention of zina) may be have less intensity than kissing..like you and me already know these things are also sin…if we do this deliberately…then also it is sarkash attitude…so relaxation in minor sin is given in the part if someone who really can’t control his emotions..and really don’t want to do even minor sins.trying his level best..but because of emotions/addiction he still do this…then according to my understanding..then minor sins can be forgiven..rest Allah can forgive all sins.

Moderators please clarify if I have understood something wrong

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member January 16, 2022 at 1:35 pm

Yes yusuf bhai I got it. You are right.

• Dhruv

Member January 20, 2022 at 12:29 pm

@UmerQureshi Please tell is my understanding correct?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register