Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Objection On Usool E Hadith

Tagged: ,

• Objection On Usool E Hadith

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on January 7, 2022 at 10:48 am

Assalamualaikum

There are some usool(principles) if collecting Hadith which troubles (because today we don’t have any way to collect Hadith so we can only rely on what Muslim Muhaddathin has already collected), one of them is that the thing which is against morals and said with realtion(nisbah) of Prophet SAW will not be accepted.So in critical study that thing causes problem in mind that we have only data that Muslims collected and thought that is suitable to his character.

And also Quran says that there is no contradiction in Quran and in usool e Hadith if something is against Quran will not be accepted.

So what does Ghamidi shahab says to remove this problem in usool and data collected and selected by Muslim Muhaddathin?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Objection On Usool E Hadith

• Umer

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 10:40 pm

There’s no such problem with the principles of understanding Hadith, the problem/differences are in the application of those principles. According to Ghamidi Sahab, given the nature of Hadith literature, the principles adopted by Muhaddeseen couldn’t have been any better.

https://youtu.be/SFAoHh8ZYj8

• Umer

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 10:41 pm

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 8, 2022 at 5:34 am

Yes that is ok,these principles were great and perfect, but this is also a logical objection that they have selected data which doesn’t contradict Quran and character of Prophet SAW (in principles), so a western orientalist objection can be made,so how would you reconcile that?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 8, 2022 at 7:11 am

This is an invalid objection. Narrations are graded according to the principles. Ones deemed unacceptable are generally categorized as such. In fact we even have collections like Al-Mawduaat al-Kubra that list known fabricated narrations.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 8, 2022 at 10:31 am

No, for example in scientific community they make a principle that any evidence against evolution theory( or their some theories which are against Quran) would not be accepted, would that be acceptable?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 8, 2022 at 11:59 am

Are you suggesting that science accepts every hearsay story without any validation?

Even in science the results of an experiment have to be within certain parameters with a predetermined margin of error in order to be considered valid. These parameters are generally determined on the basis of prior knowledge or common sense.

While in general science we may never see any invalid results, in Hadith science weak and fabricated narrations are still documented and widely accessible.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 8, 2022 at 2:00 pm

The objection is on usool,not if Rawayaat still exists(because we don’t know what Muhaddathin have left and didn’t collect even in modo’aat),and the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence means if some sahih Hadith doesn’t exist now that contradicts Quran or the character of Prophet SAW it doesn’t mean that it didn’t exist in the past, it may have existed but Muhaddathin didn’t accept it (and usool also supports this objection)so the objection is on principle?

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 8, 2022 at 2:05 pm

Sorry ,is by my words it seems that I’m talking rude(because i have this problem which gives negative indication to others) but inner me by God i am very thankful to you all for giving your precious time to us, at this platform we can present our objections as it is,and sorry again and May Allah reward you all.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 8, 2022 at 4:49 pm

Please don’t worry about that – I didn’t notice any rudeness in your discussion.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 8, 2022 at 5:06 pm

My friend that objection is completely absurd. There’s no field of knowledge where every hearsay story or idea is accepted as truth. Why would Hadith science be any different? The absolute best that could be expected of such situations is that rejected material be documented, and we already have that.

Of course we can’t be certain what Muhaddathin might have still left out which they didn’t even bother to document. However, even if we could achieve absolute certainty that they documented every single lie and hearsay story, it still would not change anything. Today we have volumes of documented fabricated narrations. Was it able to change the knowledge that we have received with utmost certainty? Each one of such narrations would still be rejected today in the light of the Quran and the Sunnah.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register