Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam The Quran As Meezan And Furqan

• The Quran As Meezan And Furqan

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on January 7, 2022 at 6:54 pm

Asalamualaikum,

I recall Ghamidi Sahab mentioning that the Quran should be given the status that it deserves because it is the Meezan and the Furqan. I believe he has used these terms on other occasions as well, and this point has stuck with me. I was wondering what exactly these terms mean and what is their significance? Are there any verses in the Qur’an that I can specifically look out to see how exactly the Qur’an describes itself as such.

Many times, I’ve heard religious personalities say “we hear and we obey”. There seems to be a belief among some that it can be inferred or speculated why something is forbidden, but not necessarily confirmed. However, our duty is to accept anything that we are told to be forbidden. My feeling is that this is based mainly on the ahadith, because having read the translation of the Qur’an, I don’t recall ever coming across something forbidden that did not seem explained or logically immoral. Furthermore, Ghamidi Sahab always seems to be able to explain prohibitions by linking them to principles that we find in the Qur’an. Is this related to the Qur’an being Meezan and Furqan?

I would really appreciate some insight.

JazakAllah

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • The Quran As Meezan And Furqan

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 8:30 pm

The Quran itself has claimed its authority as Meezan (Quran 42:17) and Furqan (Quran 25:1). The following thread will shed some light on the meaning of these terms:

Discussion 1245

“We have heard and we obey” comes from Quran verse 24:51. There’s no contention about such being the required behavior of every good Muslim. Anything that’s part of religion and can be referenced to God or His messenger beyond any reasonable doubt must certainly be obeyed. With that we also have a grave responsibility to investigate matters and not to blindly obey lies attributed to God or His messenger. This precisely leads to the reason why Quran’s importance as Meezan and Furqan is even more elevated.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register