Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Beard (Darhee) And Covering Head As Nafil

Tagged: ,

• Beard (Darhee) And Covering Head As Nafil

Posted by Fahad Nawaz on January 11, 2022 at 6:44 am

Assalamoalaikum Brother,

I have been actively listening to Ustaaz Javaid Sb lectures and has been reading his books. I understand and agree with his teachings on various issues including “Darhee and covering head in Islam”.

My question today is of slightly different nature as a student of Fiqr e Farahi and the reason for this question is my observation and also listening to different lectures of Ustaaz Javaid sb so when I see our elders in Farahi Fiqr. For example Hameeduddin Farahi RA (had beard and covered his head), Ustaaz Ameen Ehsan Islahi RA (had beard, not sure if he covered his head), Ustaaz Javaid Ahmad Ghamidi Sb (himself has kept beard all his life), and Imam Hasan Ilyas Sb (has beard and cover head) and few other eminent scholars from Fiqr e Farahi.

I just wanted to understand “do we in Fiqr e Farahi or as per Ustaz Javaid Sb teachings consider “Darhee and covering head a Nafal act”? Or does it not even considered a Nafal act? as some scholars say we just keep it as prophet pbuh kept it as a Nafal act (in love of prophet pbuh)?

Can a brother of knowledge share a link where this question is specifically answered by Javaid Sb. I have seen his 23 Eteraaz series and I didn’t hear from him answering this question specifically.

JazakAllah for helping in clarifying.

Fahad Nawaz replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Beard (Darhee) And Covering Head As Nafil

Fahad Nawaz updated 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 11, 2022 at 9:54 am

This comes from culture and personal choice.

• Fahad Nawaz

Member January 11, 2022 at 1:03 pm

JazakAllah brother Irfhan for a short answer. It summarises complete teachings of Ustaz Javaid Sb and my understanding.

One more question,

Personal choice and cultural reason” for keeping beard / covering head makes sense for people with full beard (or with no hair on head like me 🙂 but I really wanted to ask my beloved and very respectful Ustaz Javaid Sb “how come he keeps beard which is merely there as a personal choice and cultural reason”?. I don’t have access to him to ask face to face but InShaa Allah one day I will ask him directly.

JazakAllah.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 11, 2022 at 6:41 pm

Ghamidi sahab has clearly answered your question in regards to beard. Please see the following video from 00:58:00 to 00:58:30. The same can be applied to head covering also. In short, if someone tries to imitate Prophet Muhammad SAW or other revered personalities, that’s certainly a good act. However, it should not be considered a part of religion. When we say nafl, it gives it a religious connotation and therefore I personally avoid that terminology in order to avoid any confusion.

https://youtu.be/1_KSBdJyaRg?start=58m

• Fahad Nawaz

Member January 11, 2022 at 8:22 pm

JazakAllah brother Faisal for sharing these 30 seconds and also expressing your thoughts.

I can’t believe that I have spent so much time in searching for an answer to my question and repeatedly watched Ustaaz Sb videos and I still completely missed this portion.

Really grateful for your help in clarifying.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register