Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Qawam / Husband

• Qawam / Husband

Posted by Haseeb Sheikh on January 17, 2022 at 5:46 am

AoA.

when we say husband in an institution of marriage has some kind of superiority over wife . can we explain this by any one example. where husband can use this preference . i meanwehre or under what circumstances . we say that husband has a preference here , as he is a bread earner .

i hope my question is clear 🙂

Sameer Namole replied 2 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Qawam / Husband

Sameer Namole updated 2 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 18, 2022 at 4:57 am

Just like a head of an institution has some administrative powers, a husband is supposed to use his administrative authority at times when needed, for example, pronouncement of the final verdict in case of an unresolvable disagreement.

• Haseeb Sheikh

Member January 24, 2022 at 6:21 pm

So like even a small decision where to go and not. The final verdict isnhusband m then wife would feel kind of enslaved. No ? .

I mean whatbever is the argument . Husband will end up havimg final verdecit. This seems bit umfare no ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 24, 2022 at 6:56 pm

A God fearing husband is supposed to take his wife’s choices into account and not invoke his right in every little decision. In situations where there’s no resolution, however, the final authority belongs to the husband.

• Sameer Namole

Member January 28, 2022 at 12:14 am

In case he is not ‘God fearing’ what are options for wife. I mean if he insists everytime to not go outside anywhere or he tries to force her to have full veil, can she disagree and use her right?

Or will she come in those who are crossing their boundaries ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 28, 2022 at 12:22 am

All laws in the sharia are meant for people who are God fearing. If a husband is not God fearing then depending on the situation the wife has the option of seeking legal discourse.

• Sameer Namole

Member January 28, 2022 at 12:34 am

Masha’Allah jabardast sir.

This one sentence has cleared millions of questions and doubts.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register