Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Committing Sins After Losing Consciousness With Drugs

• Committing Sins After Losing Consciousness With Drugs

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on January 28, 2022 at 5:46 am

What if a person is unconscious while commiting sins?.

1) If a person is addicted to drugs/alcohol ..so yeah it is obvious he will be sinful for taking drugs/alcohol but will he be sinful If he commit any wrong act after losing his consciousness?.

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Committing Sins After Losing Consciousness With Drugs

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 28, 2022 at 8:47 am

Yes.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member January 28, 2022 at 9:35 am

Can u explain me a bit?.

According to my knowledge one will be sinful only when he has a free will on him. But after losing consciousness his free will won’t be in his control. I mean if a person take drugs to actually commit wrong acts then I can understand but if he donot have any intention before taking it then?. Can you give me a brief analogy on this matter?.

• Yusuf

Member January 28, 2022 at 10:38 am

I Don’t know regarding Islamic law… But I think you are talking about intoxication defense…I am posting some part of it what is written in wiki pedia regarding this matter

Voluntary and involuntary consumption:

distinction may be made based on whether the defendant chose to become intoxicated, and is thus responsible for their diminished control or not. As an example, in the Dutch courage defense (see the Gallagher case in English law on intoxication), the accused hates his spouse but fears to take action. The accused therefore buys a bottle of brandy and a sharp knife. In the morning, the bottle is empty and the knife is in the spouse’s heart. Because the accused had a plan and weakening the inhibitions by drunkenness was a part of that plan, an intoxication defense is not feasible.[2] But if, at a party, a bowl of fruit punch is “spiked” by someone who secretly adds gin, the resulting drunkenness is not voluntary and might be considered a possible defense

• Yusuf

Member January 28, 2022 at 11:10 am

I Think your question is regarding if a person don’t have intentions to kill also.. Like in drink and driving if person kill someone..But don’t have intentions to kill… Then also punishment is very severe than just drink and driving case…I am talking according to laws of most of the countries..some countries it can go up-to 20 years of jail… If someone commited drunk, drive resulting in death …I don’t know regarding Islamic law regarding this matter

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member January 28, 2022 at 11:26 am

🤔It makes sense . Thanks for the analogy. I think Islamic law on this matter is also same. It would be great If some moderators/scholars shed some light on this issue on the basis of Islamic Law.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 28, 2022 at 1:07 pm

Intoxicants are prohibited because they cause one to lose control and likely commit immoral acts. If one breaks the law and voluntarily uses an intoxicant and then also commits an immoral act – the primary reason why intoxicant was made prohibited to begin with – then he shall be held accountable for his action.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register