Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Organizing Paid Cricket Tournament

Tagged: 

• Organizing Paid Cricket Tournament

Posted by Ali on January 29, 2022 at 1:35 pm

I Want to know, Is ot Haram to organize cricket tournament where every team paid 1000Rs to enter.

And let say there were 10 teams.

So total pool will be 10000 Rs.

Winning team will get 9000RS and 1000 Rs for us for organizing tournament.

I don’t think its haram because entry fees is paid to get access for joining the tournament.

Although it is people money but that Money pool will not be possible without organizer and also all teams are agreed to pay and compete since there is no luck involved.

Everything is 100 percent skil based.

Please how it can be haram?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Organizing Paid Cricket Tournament

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 29, 2022 at 2:00 pm

The situation you described is not gambling hence not impermissible.

To understand gambling please refer to:

Discussion 60454

and

Discussion 31659

• Ali

Member January 29, 2022 at 3:24 pm

Hi Faisal,

Can you provide me more videos if available that answers similar questions as mine?

Anyways, Thanks for clearing the doubt.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 29, 2022 at 9:35 pm

There are no other videos in my knowledge.

• Ali

Member January 30, 2022 at 8:00 am

Aoa Faisal,

I just read article claiming it is totally haram.

They provide valid hadees reference and other quran ayat reference.

https://shorturl.at/gCQV4

Can you please read that and shed a light under ghamdi school of thoughts?

• Ali

Member January 30, 2022 at 8:22 am

Below is correct link to article.

Fatwa

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 30, 2022 at 7:29 pm

One must always keep in mind the following considerations when trying to understand hadith narrations:

Firstly, most hadith narrations do not relate the context of the event that they narrate. For this reason, all narrations must be collected on a particular subject and then analyzed in order to understand the overall picture.

Secondly, hadith narrations must be understood in the light of the Quran and the Sunnah. This means that they must have a basis in these two primary sources of Islam. Individual narrations do not form a basis for any injunction.

The problem occurs when we form an opinion based upon narrations and then look for individual verses of the Quran in order to support our opinion. This inverts the entire structure of laws in religion and often times we end up making errors. Verses of the Quran must also be understood in their respective context since Quran is not just a collection of loose verses, but a book of very highly literary value that follows a particular structure.

Ghamidi sahab’s understanding of the concept of gambling has already been explained at length in the text of the economic sharia as well as the accompanying video I shared above. The real prohibition is that of devouring wealth of others through wrongful means.

يَاأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَأْكُلُوا أَمْوَالَكُمْ بَيْنَكُمْ بِالْبَاطِلِ إِلَّا أَنْ تَكُونَ تِجَارَةً عَنْ تَرَاضٍ مِنْكُمْ (29:4)

Believers! Do not devour one another’s wealth by wrongful means except through trading by mutual consent. (4:29)

Gambling and riba are just two of the many possible applications of the principle stated in the above verse.

The situation that you described in your original question is not a matter of wrongfully devouring other people’s wealth hence it can’t be considered impermissible. I also shared a video of Ghamidi sahab above in which he commented on a situation which is similar to what you presented. With that said, you’re free to take the opinion which makes the most sense to you.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register