Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy What If There's No God?

• What If There's No God?

Posted by Arsalan Riaz on February 3, 2022 at 11:33 pm

This question keeps intriguing me and I’m never fully satisfied with the answers that are provided by religion. Mr. Ghamidi provided some good explanations in his series Zavia e Ghamidi but the interviewers also had some very valid points. I really want to believe in God and keep searching for right explanations about the existence of a supreme being that controls this universe because without a God this universe and specially our lives don’t make much sense.

What should a person do if he’s not fully satisfied with religious arguments but also doesn’t believe in atheistic arguments as well ?

Arsalan Riaz replied 2 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 3, 2022 at 11:47 pm

Keep searching and thinking the answers. This is the only way to reach a conclusion which may satisfy you.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 4, 2022 at 12:32 am

“because without a God this universe and specially our lives don’t make much sense”

That’s the silver bullet right there! If there’s any better explanation of this seemingly “created” universe as well as my own existence within it then I want to know! If not then in the light of evidence, by default this universe has a creator. Once this much has been established then the rest are details which require time to discover and absorb.

Even after best effort if one is still not satisfied with any explanation but in the light of evidence only assumes that there’s a creator, I think that he would have done justice to his faculties of reason and rationality without losing much.

• Arsalan Riaz

Member February 4, 2022 at 1:38 am

Yeah I think it’s the effort to find the truth that keeps our sanity intact. A godless universe is a really scary prospect.

• Umer

Moderator February 4, 2022 at 12:10 pm

You may find the following comments of Ghamidi Sahab insightful.

Please refer to the video below from 1:24:01 to 1:27:17

https://youtu.be/1Yg42iePNwo?t=5041

• Umer

Moderator February 4, 2022 at 12:14 pm

Please also see:

Discussion 48007

• Arsalan Riaz

Member February 4, 2022 at 1:24 pm

Thanks. It has cleared a lot of confusion.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register