Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Partly Haram Income And Acceptance Of Supplication

• Partly Haram Income And Acceptance Of Supplication

Posted by Amara Khondekar on February 7, 2022 at 11:56 am

Salam,

I want to know if a person has some both halal and Haram income. But instead of donating the Haram part giving for bank loan.

As source of income is same no way to differentiate. So if we randomly select some money and make intention of giving for loan or other purposes. Will my dua be still accepted.

What is the ruling on accepting dual for person making mix income?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Partly Haram Income And Acceptance Of Supplication

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 7, 2022 at 1:28 pm

Acceptance of duas is not necessarily tied to the source of one’s income. There can be many other reasons in the divine wisdom to accept a dua or not.

Also simply giving away haram income to a bank as part of loan interest doesn’t make one’s income halal.

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 7, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Salam sir,

I know there are several reasons for not accepting dua. Also, Haram income will be always Haram only.

Just asking if I make intention that Haram money I am giving for so and so purpose.and halal money giving for food ,cloth,necessary purpose. Then at least my food will be from halal money?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 7, 2022 at 10:28 pm

I’m not sure if I understand it correctly. Why even earn the haram income when you’re going to give it away anyway? Also the earning of money through immoral means is haram. The concern of Islam is the very act of earning, not buying food. If you can explain with specifics, hopefully I’ll be able to provide a better answer.

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 7, 2022 at 11:11 pm

Actually sir,

To be frank. I am not specifically earning haram. I am working in a company. I need to work for 8 hr. But majority of time I don’t. No one does. Also because working from home. Lots of time we work little less only.

So if I work for 7hr. Then 1 hr of earning will be Haram. Also, lots of my closed relative earn mixed income. I can’t guide them.

There is this hadith. “Whose food, cloth, nourishment is from Haram money their dua will not be accepted.

So, I want to know as many of us earn mixed. Are their food and cloth halal(if their intention is spending for food from halal share) ? And is their dua accepted? If dua rejected for other issues. Ok. Just curious about mixed income.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 7, 2022 at 11:40 pm

Depending upon the nature of your work, I’m pretty certain that your employer accounts for it and it doesn’t make your income haram. 8 hour work generally includes short breaks. However, if you’re contractually bound to work full 8 hours without any breaks then you should, regardless of what others are doing. Also if it’s not possible during the day perhaps you can make up for the lost time in the evenings or weekends.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register