A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Praying With Period Stained Clothes

Tagged: , ,

• Praying With Period Stained Clothes

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 8, 2022 at 1:06 pm

If you have washed it to your best effort then it’s considered clean. Of course if you have better clothing available then you can wear that.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 8, 2022 at 3:27 pm

Asalamualaikum Mr. Faisal Haroon,

Is there any particular way that we’re obliged to clean clothes with impurity, or is this left to our judgement? For example, one website presented a hadith of the Prophet PBUH in which he detailed how to clean clothes with impurity. On the basis of this hadith, a site contributor declared that clothes that can be wrung out, must be wrung out to be considered clean.

Is the hadith of the Prophet PBUH only meant to be taken as advice, and not something that is legally binding? And on this basis, is how we clean a matter of preference?

JazakAllah

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 8, 2022 at 7:38 pm

Yes it’s left up to the judgement of the people. I can’t comment on hadith narrations without proper references, however, it sounds pretty common sense for garments to be wrung out after washing.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 9, 2022 at 7:58 am

JazakAllah Mr. Faisal Haroon for your answer,

However, I am still confused if rubbing/wringing out clothes is a condition for clothes to be considered pure after being contaminated after your last point about it being common sense? I can see that someone would wring out their clothes after washing in order to dry them out specifically, but I don’t personally see how this action would make the clothes more pure. In other cases, a person might decide to leave their clothes in the sun to dry them out, or use one of those drying machines in pool change rooms, after simply pouring water over them/leaving them under water running from the faucet. Or a person might decide not to dry out the clothes anyway for whatever reason, such as the garment being too small to make a difference as to whether it is dried or not (e.g., glove). In all of these cases, I don’t find that the clothes are any less pure than clothing that’s been especially wrung out or rubbed. I hope I am making sense here. Do you have comments?

JazakAllah

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 9, 2022 at 9:28 am

Please don’t over analyze it. Just wash your clothes in a reasonable manner and wear them with the understanding that God’s intent is not to make our lives difficult in the matters of worship.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 9, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Okay, got it. I think I overanalyze a lot. Sweat Smile

JazakAllah Mr. Faisal Haroon!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 9, 2022 at 6:56 pm

No worries. All of us have areas that we can improve upon. You’re lucky to be able to pinpoint yours. I don’t even know where to begin in my own case 😂

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register