Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Perspectives About Need Of Sensory Gratification

• Perspectives About Need Of Sensory Gratification

Posted by Sameer Namole on February 9, 2022 at 7:53 am

AoA
    I don’t know if religion addressees this issue or not.
    I’ll be grateful if anyone puts some light on this doubt.
    I heard from a Mufti sahab that if a ‘Normal’ man is in his twenties without marriage, either he’s not normal or he’s engaged in some unethical activites or maybe unlawful relationships. His sermon was all revolving around the term that for a human, having intimate relation is as basic need as having food and water.
    I’m quite confused after this. I even heard this from Ghamidi sahab that it’s a basic need. He didn’t explained it in that way though.
    Without food and water, humans can’t live, they’ll die.
    Food, water and air(o2) are essentials for us humans since our birth but sexual desires comes into existence after a certain age, teen age for that matter.
    I’m a student in my early twenties from India having many friends from opposite gender and I’m really confused if it’s really that basic need for humans or we can restrict it upto a limit.
    Like if we want to restrict our desires, certainly we can do it and that’s why Almighty said us to restrict those attachments to ones spouses.
    If we look at western civilizations, even if they’ve ‘freedom’ in terms of this matter, they don’t seem to be ‘Damn desperate’.
    Like if we see graphs of audience and traffic muslims community provides to adult content creators, they’re far ahead from those who are creating them.
    Don’t you think it’s all about how we educate people to look on this matter otherwise there’s no limit we can stop desperation seemed in our men.
    So my question after this elaboration is, ‘Is desire for sexual gratification is so intense in humans that we cannot lead our lives without it and can someone be steadfast on deen without getting married until his 30s or 40s.’

Sameer Namole replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Perspectives About Need Of Sensory Gratification

Sameer Namole updated 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • SUHAIL RASOOL

Member February 10, 2022 at 12:59 am

Asalamualaikum,

I used to be a person who was too dependent on self gratifying activities, they more deep you get into satisfying your desires, the more you want. It’s a cycle, and it becomes an addiction. That’s why there is 5 times salah per day, so that you focus on important things in life, not your desires, when your desires try to take over you, you remember Allah and that gives you strength to fight it. So yes a person can get through his life without getting married even if he is always focused on important things, sexual desires are there by nature but as may know, a human can become better than angels if he controls his desires and can becomes an animal if he has no control at all. Well what we can do is atleast try to be inbetween, a normal human, we just need to show strength in those weak moments and with time, our strength will increase.

Well in short, we can lead our lives normally without getting married for long and fighting off our desires is the Greater Jihad.

• Sameer Namole

Member February 10, 2022 at 1:08 am

Yes sir as you said if we don’t use our intellect and start responding to every call by our desires our life will be a mess because we humans have practically some limits upto which we can satisfy our nafs but those very desires then don’t have any limit.

But more than fighting them, I think education is more needed as it will make us objective about reality of those illusions.

Once this has happened and big picture of something gets cleared upon us then we don’t even need to fight those desires, they’re normally kept in thier limits spontaneously.

Like when we are not afraid of those attacks of desires, why will we need nerves of steel.

I will be waiting for answers from authority.

JazakAllah.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register