Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Should We Believe In History Written By Muslims?

• Why Should We Believe In History Written By Muslims?

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member February 9, 2022 at 12:16 pm

Ok

Don’t believe in history then

History doesn’t play any role in telling us our deen. Quran and continued chain of action (amal-e-mutawatur) is enough to lead a life according to Allah’s deen

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member February 9, 2022 at 12:21 pm

Also would u ask the same question to westerns nations that why should we believe in history discovered and written by them? They may have corrupted it to their way of life like Babylonians and Egyptians histories or archaeological remains of dinosaurs or other findings that support evolution?

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member February 9, 2022 at 2:48 pm

Yes,but I am not talking about Deen, but like the life of Prophet SAW his character, and all that. Because for believing in him i need that knowledge. And Ghamidi sahab says that it all happened in the light of history. But there was a dark time between of 200 years.And also written by Muslim,and they edited it sniffing according to their perception of Prophet SAW.

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member February 10, 2022 at 5:12 am

Brother what is basis of your assumption that there was a “dark time” what do u mean?

This claim “And also written by Muslim,and they edited it sniffing according to their perception of Prophet SAW.” based on what sources or research?

Lastly, do u have any evidence of any history of any nation/culture first written by any third party and not by people part of that community?

Would u disbelieve history of Britain or USA because it’s written by English or Americans??

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member February 14, 2022 at 12:10 pm

I think word sniffing i wrote by mistake,i use slide keyboard that’s why😄.

Other like they edited it like there is a principle in usool e hadith that any Hadith against the character of Prophet SAW will not be accepted(if i am interpreting it right).

Like the thing is history first was written after some 200 years and by Muslims, (like those who were strong believers). So how would that be accepted,we don’t know that what they have left and not written in their books.

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member February 15, 2022 at 7:57 pm

Brother I keep asking u why don’t you have the same concerns about history of other nations/cultures?

Why u r not insisting that holocaust histories written by Jews shouldn’t be believed?

The reason of doubting, if sound, should be applied to all histories and not just histories written by Muslims

Why u r thinking that history is corrupted? The hadith u quoted doesn’t mean that historians lied. Many things r reported that can prove that historians regarded Muhammad SAW as a person and not an angel.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member February 16, 2022 at 11:38 am

Being honest, i have not considered other history in that way yet. My concern is more to the sources of life of Prophet SAW so that’s why i don’t have knowledge on the other sources.

So question is not on that yet, on the sources of Muslims.

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member February 16, 2022 at 4:16 pm

Ok, that’s fair

Why do u think Muslims would be dishonest in reporting ? Only because they were muslims? That’s no argument unless u disbelieve history of church written by Christian’s or Buddhist histories by monks. I am repeating myself because u still haven’t told me why do u doubt?

Every question is worth investigating if it’s a rational one otherwise it only adds to confusion

The best way is to read a history book like Tabqat ibn saad or ibn khuldon and see if u think they might be dishonest or not.

Brainstorming ideas and then finding answers wouldn’t be fruitful. If u did read something then plz share and we’ll discuss

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 16, 2022 at 7:38 pm

In addition to what Faraz sahab has stated, it must be appreciated that knowledge is a journey, not an event. We can only make our decisions based upon what’s reasonably evident. If our data changes, we can always revisit our beliefs as we must. There’s no problem in investigating history to figure out any discrepancies that may impact our beliefs, however, simply questioning history without any evidence to the contrary is just counterproductive.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member February 17, 2022 at 9:06 am

Good points, i think i should do a little more research, but thankyou guys for your answers😊

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register