Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Are Touching Or Kissing Minor Sins?

Tagged: 

• Are Touching Or Kissing Minor Sins?

Posted by Amina on February 11, 2022 at 10:26 am

Ibn Mas’ud reported that a person came to Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) and told him that he had kissed a woman or touched her with his hand or did something like this. He inquired of him about its expiation. It was (on this occasion) that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, revealed this verse “And observe prayer at the (two) ends of the day and in the first hours of the night. Surely, good deeds take away evil deeds. That is a reminder for the mindful” (xi. 115). That person said: Allah’s Messenger, does it concern me only ? He (the Holy Prophet) said: It concerns every one of my Unimah, who acts according to it.

The question is does this comes under saghira as it gets expiated via namaz ?

In no way i am promoting a sin but just asking according to the hadees

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Are Touching Or Kissing Minor Sins?

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 11, 2022 at 1:25 pm

Touching or kissing are indeed categorized as “saghira” sins that are forgiven upon sincere repentance. However, please don’t allow the terminology of saghira cause any confusion. They’re still sins and can very easily lead to major (kabira) sins. Also in certain instances they can be viewed by God as rebellion which is a major sin.

For details about major sins please refer to:

Discussion 59130 • Reply 59135

• Amina

Member February 11, 2022 at 1:28 pm

Ik jaan k kiya gunah is bigger considering yeh to saghira hai

Bus iss hadees k according pucha qk he didn’t do the major sin?

Just asking in reference of this hadees?

Plus is this hadees authentic?

Have read it in several books

• Amina

Member February 11, 2022 at 1:40 pm

I am not promoting sin, just trying to clearify the meaning of this hadees that does this mean everything before major sin is a minor sin?

Right?

As namaz is only expiation for minor sins

Again, not promoting a sin, just needed explanation of this hadees

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 11, 2022 at 1:50 pm

Please go through the link shared above that describes major sins. All other sins are categorized as minor. Also as stated above the major/minor terminology shouldn’t be a cause for confusion. A minor sin only means that if it’s committed, for example out of ignorance or being overwhelmed by emotions, it’s forgivable by God if sincerely repented for soon after. However, most minor sins can very easily turn into major sins without allowing one a chance to step back.

The narration that you shared is a sahih and can viewed here:

https://sunnah.com/bukhari:526

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register