Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Karnataka Hijab Row

• Karnataka Hijab Row

Posted by SUHAIL RASOOL on February 12, 2022 at 1:21 am

Situation in Karnataka over Hijab is getting tense day by day, Can Ghamidi sahab please adress this issue as to what is the best way for muslims living there to tackle this issue. There used to be Maulana Wahiduddin Khan R.A. who used to adress such issue related to Indian muslims but now there isn’t anyone and Ghamidi Sahab should adress issues related to Muslims in India.

SUHAIL RASOOL replied 2 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator February 12, 2022 at 5:43 am

• Umer

Moderator February 12, 2022 at 5:43 am

• SUHAIL RASOOL

Member February 13, 2022 at 12:30 am

• Sameer Namole

Member February 13, 2022 at 12:38 am

AoA

Was waiting for it and it is enlightening as always.

I have just a doubt left now.

Sir said it’s duty of the institution to ask people what their basic religious belief is and let them practise it. Like he said institution should free some time for me to let me pray salah.

If we follow this idea which is appealing and making very much sense doesn’t this principle will give people to use it wrong.

Like imagine an employee is praying each salah by taking so much time that it’s comprising working hours or like a student is missing so many lectures which he don’t want to attend in the name of his certain religious duty.

What options are left for the institution then?

Won’t it create some kind of hate for tye person who’s misusing his right?

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 13, 2022 at 2:40 am

Salam Brother,

I work in a company and mainly follow my obligatory salah. But still if we follow all sunnah Salah we can work little extra to compensate.

School/college time will be short. Mainly zuhr time will come. So institutions should at least give time to follow obligatory namaz.

• SUHAIL RASOOL

Member February 13, 2022 at 2:43 am

Brother, in most institutions especially in Punjab, they provide space and time for Jummah nimaz. But in states where political propaganda is too much, even that becomes an issue. Now for 5 prayer times, it isn’t possible in an institute to arrange their time table like that or any company, well majority decides and in majority Muslim countries, we don’t see that type of thing, there are no time slots for nimaz timing, how can we expect that in India. It’s best to pray after you are free, that’s what most people do. Only Jummah nimaz is given exception everywhere. Even in Muslim majority kashmir, we have continue classes during prayer times too , so that question is when it isn’t possible in Muslim majority areas or states or countries, how can we expect anywhere else.

• SUHAIL RASOOL

Member February 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register