Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Stating Opinions As Facts

• Stating Opinions As Facts

Posted by Nadeem Minhas on February 12, 2022 at 8:36 am

Ghamidi Sahib is a great scholar and in my opinion there is no other scholar of his caliber in the world at this time.

He is influencing millions at this time. In many videos I noticed that by not being careful with the words, he ends up stating his opinion or a probable conclusion as if it is a statement of fact.

Most people would take his statement as fact and spread the knowledge accordingly.

For example, in one video he states that letters before surahs are surahs names given by Allah. To my knowledge, this is his opinion which my be probably right.

Shouldn’t he state such information by specifically adding that it is his opinion and this may be a likely or probably correct?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Stating Opinions As Facts

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 12, 2022 at 10:45 am

As a blanket statement Ghamidi sahab has always maintained that everything he presents is just a sincere effort of his own research and understanding. It’s not always possible to restate this as a precursor to every statement that he makes. As humans whenever we state anything that we believe to be true, it’s redundant to always explicitly qualify it with statements like ‘in my opinion…’.

For reference, here’s the video that you might be referring to:

https://youtu.be/TAc5bOPEMgA?start=5m35s

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 12, 2022 at 10:47 am

I believe that Ghamidi sahab directly answered your exact criticism in the following video. I apologize that due to time constraints I haven’t been able to find the exact time stamp, however, this is a great video to watch in its entirety anyway:

https://youtu.be/CCtOh8AQed8

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register