Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Acting In Film Industry

Tagged: ,

• Acting In Film Industry

Posted by Amara Khondekar on February 13, 2022 at 7:55 am

How Islam sees acting?

There are a lot of Muslims working as actors. For women I personally don’t recommend it.

Like Shahrukh Khan and all.

I know in movies love songs and other romantic scenes are Haram.

But is everyone working in the movie is committing sin?

Also, if Khans doing role of both something good like normally talking something without touching women and something Romantic. Is that both Haram and his full income is Haram?

Also, a very famous family movie Swades. Where he will have a non Muslim name and identity. Although he will not do any act of shirk. Is everything Haram??

Amara Khondekar replied 2 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Acting In Film Industry

Amara Khondekar updated 2 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 13, 2022 at 4:23 pm

Regarding modelling and acting careers please refer to the following link (from 45:53 to 52:45)

Discussion 47826 • Reply 47840

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 13, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Thank you sir, but currently no one is following etiquette in film industry. But if a man is partially working in any good role(without touching women) and partially working with heroine in romantic way. Will his partial income be halal or fully everything is haram?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 13, 2022 at 11:05 pm

There are no rules of partial halal income defined in Islam.

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 14, 2022 at 12:59 am

I mean sir, if a man is working in a restaurant serving both halal and Haram food. Then his income will be both partial halal and Haram. So, is it the same film industry?

Because lot of Muslims are working in film industry. Sometimes they act nice sometimes touching women and other nonsense

• Maryam

Member February 14, 2022 at 1:55 am

In my humble opinion, in all cases that you mentioned above, one is putting himself in fitna and then it becomes difficult not be affected by it. So by all means possible we should try to avoid such circumstances.

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 14, 2022 at 2:18 am

I am not going to become and actor. But there are lots of Muslim who are working in film industry. Even some of my known people. I am concerned about them. I know it almost impossible to ignore sin 100% in film industry. But at least their income is half Haram and half halal. That is better. Not justifying Haram income but we can’t change everyone… The world is tough.

• Sameer Namole

Member February 14, 2022 at 2:09 am

Isn’t it all about deman of script.

If a man and woman are portraying as husband and wife they’ll have to show moments of affection. It’s all about what message they’re giving through a film. Films and videos have a high influence om society and they can be used very well for reforms in society.

Prime examples are which sister Amara gave like Swades etc

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register