Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Regarding Sketching Of Eyes

• Regarding Sketching Of Eyes

Posted by Fariah on February 15, 2022 at 10:59 am

Asalamoalikum

I have read a discussion post regarding the misconception of Drawing, Sketching, Painting and Photography.

It states that those activities are not forbidden and people will not be judged for them on the day of judgement. It is ONLY if people used these art forms as acts of Idolatry and Worshipping of anything in these Art Forms, that the art maker will be punished.

In that case, what about people who state that drawing of Eyes is impermissible?

Apparently on the day of Judgement, Allah SWT will command those who drew eyes to try and make their drawings come to life. The people will fail, and Allah SWT will tell them that they tried to do only what Allah SWT can do, and punish them.

It is believed that Eyes are what make a living species alive, and by drawing eyes, we are bringing life to our drawings even though that is impossible.

If eyes are what make us alive, then what about those people who are born without eyes? What about animals who are born without eyes?

If eyes are what make a living being alive, then why are there some out there who are born without? Why is drawing eyes forbidden, despite these circumstances?

We are not trying to defy Allah SWT, or try to bring something to life. We are just drawing on a piece of paper.

I’m sorry if this was worded in a confusing manner, or if I wrote anything disrespectful. I would just like to clear this misconception.

JazakAllah Khair

Fariah replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register