Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 28:7 – On What Basis Was Moses's Mother Chosen?

• Quran 28:7 – On What Basis Was Moses's Mother Chosen?

Posted by Rafi Sheikh on February 17, 2022 at 6:19 am

انکی والدہ کو کیوں اللہ تعالی نے چنا اور وحی کی انکی کیا خاصیت تھی؟ یا صرف اس کیے کہ وہ ایک پیغمبر کی والدہ تھیں ؟

اور وہ بغیر گھبراتے ھدایت پر عمل پیرا ھویں کچھ روشنی ڈالیے جزاکالّلہ

—-

وَأَوۡحَیۡنَاۤ إِلَىٰۤ أُمِّ مُوسَىٰۤ أَنۡ أَرۡضِعِیهِۖ فَإِذَا خِفۡتِ عَلَیۡهِ فَأَلۡقِیهِ

فِی ٱلۡیَمِّ وَلَا تَخَافِی وَلَا تَحۡزَنِیۤۖ إِنَّا رَاۤدُّوهُ إِلَیۡكِ وَجَاعِلُوهُ مِنَ ٱلۡمُرۡسَلِینَ ﴿ ٧ ﴾

• ابوالاعلی مودودی:

ہم نے موسیٰؑ کی ماں کو اشارہ کیا کہ ”اِس کو دُودھ پلا، پھر جب تجھے اُس کی جان کا خطرہ ہو تو اسے دریا میں ڈال دے اور کچھ خوف اور غم نہ کر، ہم اسے تیرے ہی پاس واپس لے آئیں گے اور اس کو پیغمبروں میں شامل کریں گے۔“ (7)

Al-Qasas, Ayah 7

Rafi Sheikh replied 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Quran 28:7 – On What Basis Was Moses's Mother Chosen?

Rafi Sheikh updated 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 17, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Neither does the Quran nor any authentic sayings of Prophet SAW in my knowledge tell us on what basis she was chosen. I wouldn’t speculate and just call it divine wisdom.

• Umer

Moderator February 18, 2022 at 6:20 am

Revelation on Mother of Moses (sws) and Mother of Jesus (sws) had to do with the scheme of prophethood in relation of Prophets Jesus and Prophet Moses i.e. they were not given revelation independently, they were given revelation in relation to the Prophets (Moses and Jesus), with prophets at the center of it.

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 4209 • Reply 4656

• Rafi Sheikh

Member February 18, 2022 at 5:30 pm

Thank you, JazakAllah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register