Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hadith That Allah Will Not Forgive A Person Committing Sins Openly

• Hadith That Allah Will Not Forgive A Person Committing Sins Openly

Umer updated 2 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator February 17, 2022 at 11:07 am

state reference

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member February 17, 2022 at 11:57 am
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 17, 2022 at 1:48 pm

Instagram is not a credible source of hadith narrations. For us to comment on any narrations a valid reference is required from a credible site such as sunnah.com. Also it is advised that one should disregard any narrations on the social media unless a reference is provided and that reference is verified from a valid source.

• Umer

Moderator February 18, 2022 at 6:36 am

Following is the complete Hadith that you’re referring to:

https://sunnah.com/bukhari:6069

It is referring to the same atttitude of open rebellion (Istakbar/Sarkashi) against God for which it is mentioned in Quran that:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُواْ بِآيَاتِنَا وَاسْتَكْبَرُواْ عَنْهَا لاَ تُفَتَّحُ لَهُمْ أَبْوَابُ السَّمَاء وَلاَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ حَتَّى يَلِجَ الْجَمَلُ فِي سَمِّ الْخِيَاطِ وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُجْرِمِينَ لَهُم مِّن جَهَنَّمَ مِهَادٌ وَمِن فَوْقِهِمْ غَوَاشٍ وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الظَّالِمِينَ

Indeed those who denied Our revelations and evaded them in arrogance, the gates of heavens shall not be opened for them and neither shall they be able to enter Paradise except if a camel is able to pass through the eye of a needle. [This is their punishment] and in this manner do We punish the criminals. Hell shall be their bedding and [the flames of] Hell shall be their covering and in this way do We punish the evil-doers. (7:40-41)

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member February 19, 2022 at 12:35 am

Can you explain that?jazakallahu khair

• Umer

Moderator February 19, 2022 at 8:09 am

Openly committing sins and divulging them openly in public is a clear act of rebellion against God, and hence punishment of eternal hell. This is what Prophet (sws) has pointed towards in this specific hadith.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member February 19, 2022 at 10:52 pm

Does Allah never forgive them?

• Umer

Moderator February 21, 2022 at 4:25 am

It is the greatest sin for there is warning of eternal hell in Quran. Deciding whether such a rebellious attitude will ever be forgiven by God or not is not my place.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member February 21, 2022 at 11:20 am

If I commit sins with my friends,does it count as public?

• Umer

Moderator February 22, 2022 at 7:32 am

It is an attitude where one commits sins openely or flaunts them openly. This attitude has been criticized by the prophet (sws) in accordance with Quran. We should be mindful of this attitude and should engage ourselves in self-accountability frequently.

I cannot comment on you or your friends for that matter, you have to judge for yourself.

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 21, 2022 at 12:48 pm

What about the contradictory Hadith.

“I certainly know people of my nation who will come on the Day of Resurrection with good deeds like the mountains of Tihamah, but Allah will make them like scattered dust.” Thawban said: “O Messenger of Allah, describe them to us and tell us more so that we will not become of them unknowingly.” He said: “They are your brothers and from your race, worshipping at night as you do, but they will be people who, when they are alone, transgress the sacred limits of Allah.”

(Sunan Ibne Majah, Hadith 4386)

• Ahsan

Moderator February 21, 2022 at 10:16 pm

I didnt understnd how is it contradictory?
      actual problem is doing the sin while knowing that it is sin. That is open rebellion.

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 22, 2022 at 5:23 am

Sir, if we say committing sin is Rebellious to Allah. Then we all are Rebellious. At least before we apologize.

Certain sins are major and certain minor. And big of the big.

In one statement ‘If one person secretly does sin that is unforgivable’

Another statement ‘if one person secretly does some sin there is a strong chance Allah may forgive him’

So, both are kind of contradictory

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register