Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Looking At Women Not Dressed Properly

Tagged: , ,

• Looking At Women Not Dressed Properly

Posted by Mohamed Mushaf on February 22, 2022 at 12:54 am

Is it forbidden to look at non hijabi women or women who haven’t dressed properly with not in the intention of lust,like in TV or YouTube etc?,there are also non Muslim teachers in my school who are not dressed according to islam.

Umer replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Looking At Women Not Dressed Properly

Umer updated 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator February 22, 2022 at 7:13 am

You can look at them but with guarded eyes, which are neither lustful nor focusing on phsical attributes of the opposite gender. There should be modesty in one’s gaze.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member February 22, 2022 at 11:46 am

What is phsical attributes?jazakallahu khair.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member February 22, 2022 at 11:47 am

And is it also applicable to married men and women?

• Umer

Moderator February 23, 2022 at 3:03 am

One should be focusing on the discussion at hand or work at hand, instead of focusing on bodily features of the opposite gender.

Its the same for both married and unmarried believers.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member July 6, 2022 at 8:05 am

So does that mean we can look at women who not dressed properly in TV,YouTube etc without lust?

• Umer

Moderator July 6, 2022 at 11:24 am

If a lady is wearing a decent dress, with or without Hijab, which is covering her private body parts and parts annexed to them properly, then she is dressed properly. Even if someone is not then it is upon men to keep their gaze modest.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member July 6, 2022 at 2:12 pm

A private part of women’s body in Islam is everything except face,hands and foot,anything else is awrah right?so even if a women is not dressed properly,if our gaze is not lustful,is it permissable to look at them

• Umer

Moderator July 7, 2022 at 12:10 pm
  • Sameer Namole

Member July 6, 2022 at 12:10 pm

I think this can either be very tough for many people or may not be that hard for some.
    I think if we get the principle, on which the whole psychological building stands upon, one may find this effortless. What I mean is for example one may not find difficulty to talk with their familiar women but he may struggle to talk to other women. There’s key in approach that needs to be change and all other things here as Umar bhai said will be automatically kept at their right places.
    Ghamidi sahab, whenever he talks about the etiquettes of interaction between two genders, he says
    ‘Nigaah khato khaal ka jayza lene wali naa ho. Balki NIGAAH AISI HO JO APNI BEHAN YA MAA PER PADTI HAI. This can be the defining principle. Whenever we see Ghamidi sahab talking with women or giving answers to their questions or interviews, we see that he don’t seem to be trying hard to maintain any eye contact. But instead he’s having eye contact because looking at ground when someone is talking to you can be disrespectful to you. But one can naturally notice how modest his glances are. This is what prophet may have taught us. @UmerQureshi correct me bhai if I’m wrong.

• Umer

Moderator July 6, 2022 at 12:16 pm

That is correct Brother.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register