Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Wudu Timing

• Wudu Timing

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 15, 2020 at 5:56 pm

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

How long should wudu take. Usually it takes me around 8 minutes. How thoroughly should we wash.

I will explain what takes so long and if someone could advise me if it is needed it would help greatly.

Washing edges of face to make sure water reaches edge of hair and jawline

Washing in between fingers on hand when washing from fingertip to elbow.

Masa making sure water reaches edge of hair when wiping. First I do an overall wipe then wipe the entire edges of the head.

Ears making sure finger reaches every contour and making sure water is wiped between the back of the ear and head.

Feat making sure water reaches in between and above toes and washing up to ankles.

Beenish Hussain replied 3 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Wudu Timing

Beenish Hussain updated 3 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Beenish Hussain

Member July 15, 2020 at 8:28 pm

This is how long it takes me to take shower. Ok maybe 5 min more 😂

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 15, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Normal shower takes me not so long- just a quick clean can take as little as 5 mins. Ghusl usually takes maybe 15-20 minutes. I guess I just really make sure water reaches everywhere and I’m not sure how correct to take so long and be so strict is.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 15, 2020 at 11:12 pm

I think this is not a matter of religion, and we should refrain from trying to make it so. Instead we should try to educate ourselves and others that wudu should be done reasonably well, but allow everyone to interpret what that really means. That I think is the beauty of a religion that’s universal and is for all times. If we start putting such parameter around it’s practices, I’m afraid that it will become irrelevant for many people, either now or in the future.

• Beenish Hussain

Member July 17, 2020 at 12:12 am

Faisal bhai, Ahle hadees will quote you numerous Hadith on wudu. Why we should interpret ourselves, when we have hadiths to tells us? Also wudu is part of a religious Thing, so we should do it right.

How would you answer this.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 17, 2020 at 12:18 am

I was referring to the amount of time one should spend in performing wudu. Can you put an exact time limit on it?

• Beenish Hussain

Member July 18, 2020 at 3:58 pm

Oh ok. I thought we were talking about the method. Time is irrelevant I agree!

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 17, 2020 at 3:04 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register