Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Understanding The Background Of Quran And It's Application Among Scholars

Tagged: ,

• Understanding The Background Of Quran And It's Application Among Scholars

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on March 7, 2022 at 2:50 am

Is the understanding of the background of quran is same among most of the scholars?.

I mean my question is their way of application , view, opinion can be different but is the background is being understood in the same way?.

Example :- History tells us that Hypocrites were planning at the time when injuctions on the wives of the prophet was revealed and the order for muslim women to wear cloaks. The detailed background and history is being accepted because quran approved this.

Now scholars can have diff opinions on this matter. Some can say hypocrites will keep comimg so muslim women need to wear this. Some can say it is better for them. Some can say It was done for a specific situation.

So If I am not misunderstood, background/history is being understood in the same way among scholars but the understanding of application of verses , orders are different which results in different opinions.

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Understanding The Background Of Quran And It's Application Among Scholars

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 8, 2022 at 3:23 am

Yes, you are right. Background and contextual meaning of a verse are accept same by the scholars, but whether to extend an injunction revealed in a historical background or not is the matter of difference between them.

To us, the cause or Illah of an injunction indicates that it can be extended for having the same illah elsewhere or not.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register