Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Fajr End Time

Tagged: , ,

• Fajr End Time

Posted by Fahad Raza on March 9, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Salam o Alaikum

Can anyone tell me when fajr is qaza (missed) from Quran? I tried digging deeper into the verse 130 of chapter 20 of the Quran (Taha, 130) but, one thing kept confusing me…

What do the words قَبْلَ طُلُوْعِ الشَّمْسِ mean? Does it mean before the full “sunrise” or the first light of the sun? I am always confused or have doubts as soon as I see light in early hours of the morning, I think that is due to the sun. So, is it sunrise and whether fajr time has expired?

So, I have been following app/alarms that are synced with “sunrise” and not the first light of the sun. Even the islamic apps consider sunrise (not the first sun light of the day) as the time when fajr prayer is expired. According to this, lately I have been praying fajr just in time but, is that what Allah meant by طُلُوْعِ الشَّمْسِ?

Fahad

Umer replied 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Fajr End Time

Umer updated 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 10, 2022 at 5:30 am

Times and practice of prayer come from Sunnah. Quran sometimes mentions them. Rise of the sun is when the horn of the sun appears. this is what we call the rise of sun in every language. Also the sunnah is that as soon as the horn of the sun appears the time of Fajr elapses. You need not to worry about detecting when that happens, as it is practically very difficult in cities to find the accurate time of sun rise and sun set. Timings of sun are well recorded and can be easily followed. Just follow them.

• Fahad Raza

Member March 12, 2022 at 5:27 am

Thanks for the clarification. It does make sense. However if I want to find it in Sunnah where should i look?

• Umer

Moderator March 14, 2022 at 8:15 am

Following repsonse contains all the related information on Sunnah:

Discussion 50126 • Reply 50134

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 14, 2022 at 2:34 am

Sunnah is found in the practice of Muslims as a living tradition. Also books of fiqh discuss it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register