Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Zakat Calculator – Retail Business Income

Tagged: ,

• Zakat Calculator – Retail Business Income

Posted by Waqas on March 11, 2022 at 6:31 pm

In your Zakat Calculator, under Production/Earning section, and in Business Income field, the help text states

‘This should exclude any income received from retail businesses with inventory’

What does this mean?

If I do a retail business (buying products from wholesalers and then selling to customers) how does this relate?

Umer replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Zakat Calculator – Retail Business Income

Umer updated 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 11, 2022 at 8:01 pm

In retail business you’re not producing anything yourself, hence it’s excluded from production/earnings zakat. There’s another box for business inventory. Please enter in the current value of your total inventory in that box and your business zakat will be calculated accordingly.

• Waqas

Member March 12, 2022 at 12:19 am

I understand it’s not production But can you please shed some more light on how this is excluded from earnings zakat?

In retail, I’m still investing and then adding labour, either sit in a shop from 9-6 or online sales and do live product shows. Im getting my earnings from it.

How is this different to earnings received by a job/salary?

Also can you name a few other businesses that are also excluded from prod/earning to help me understand better.

I understand the Business Inventory value as it’s an asset and 2.5% apply to it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register