Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam How Can I Make The Upcoming Ramadan Fruitful For Myself?

Tagged: ,

• How Can I Make The Upcoming Ramadan Fruitful For Myself?

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on March 14, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Asalamualaikum,

I would like like to have a few points clarified before the start of Ramadan. Namely, I am interested in knowing the objective behind Ramadan that I should keep in mind when I am fasting.

Also, I want to know how I can motivate myself to give the month more meaning than a matter of “surviving” to the end of the day without eating or drinking. Because I don’t find that I am appreciating the month as I should and admittedly, I become more interested in the the day/month finishing than purifying myself, which makes me feel guilty. I am especially interested in how I should handle those situations where my hunger and thirst gives rise to extreme laziness and disinterest. What can I do in these moments of weakness in order to continue benefitting from the day as I should be?

I know that Ghamidi Sahab has presented some strategies on how to deal with particular challenges, such as depression and controlling one’s anger. In the same way, are there any specific strategies that I should adopt to make Ramadan fruitful for myself? And what are the kinds of goals and objectives that I should set?

JazakAllah

Haseeb Faisal replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register