Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Abusive Husband Or Abusive Father

• Abusive Husband Or Abusive Father

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on March 15, 2022 at 10:50 am

I don’t understand what a wife should do if her husband is abusive and violent. I have read in most of the discussions on this issue that women should inform the authorities.

So here is my list of questions: –

1) If a wife fulfills her responsibilities perfectly and her husband also meets all the financial needs but is very abusive.

For example: – If a husband harms her every day or sometimes, why can’t she do the same thing at that time?

I wouldn’t call it “beating the husband”, but I’d call it self-defense. Also, if a father harms his children every day, what can a wife do to protect them? I understand that for a husband’s misconduct a wife should report her behavior to the authorities who can punish her but why should she wait when it comes to life?

There can be many consequences like :-

•In a locked room, if the husband harms her all night, it can take her life, injure her permanetly or something else may happen.

If such situation arises, why should she wait for the next day??

Umer replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Abusive Husband Or Abusive Father

Umer updated 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator March 15, 2022 at 6:40 pm

There is difference between Tadeeb for ‘Nashuz‘ (punishment given by an elder of family for rebellion) and Tashaddud (Violence) and a husband/father is not allowed to do violence on his wife and children. Violence (Tashaddud) is a crime and there is complete ‘law of Qisas‘ in Quran for remedial action. Besides, tadeeb in Quran is not absolute, first a husband has to go through two stages before any tadeeb being done.

Please refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab from 22:59 to 40:51

ilm-o-Hikmat 05-06-2016

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member March 16, 2022 at 1:14 am

Thank you umer sb. for clarifying this doubt🙏🏻.

I understood the whole application of tadeeb for “nushuz”.

I would like to ask, according to the law of qisas , a wife can do anything to protect herself during violence, right?

• Umer

Moderator March 17, 2022 at 4:57 am

A wife/child has every right to protect their life, irrespective of law of Qisas.

In case of any harm being brought to them by husand/father, the state will provide Qisas accordingly.

• Umer

Moderator March 15, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 9:57 to 27:01

Alternative Link: ilm-o-Hikmat 07-07-2019

• Umer

Moderator March 15, 2022 at 6:42 pm

The discussion "Abusive Husband Or Abusive Father" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now