Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Seance

Tagged: , , , ,

• Posted by Rafi Sheikh on March 15, 2022 at 6:46 pm

AoA, this question is from a young person, kindly guide. Quoting them “I know astronomy and telling fate may fall in shirk and not allowed but what about a person who claims to be able to speak w people who have passed away” is that not allowed? Even in fun games since I don’t think this a true ability..”

Please guide as this is from a young Muslim I want to encourage their asking questions and hopefully download this app and continue exploring.

JazakAllah

Umer replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator March 15, 2022 at 7:21 pm

Islam approaches things from an ethical stand-point, therefore, for any thing to be prohibited, there must be some element of immorality in it. Other than dietary matter, the prohibitions in Islam are mentioned in Quran (7:33), further details can be found here:

Discussion 1749

Therefore, as long as there is no deception, polytheistic belief and/or rituals and other immoral activities involved in Seance rituals, then they cannot be declared outright prohibited. But since, most of polytheistic beliefs emerge from similar domain i.e. soul, spirits, angels, dead ones etc. therefore, it is a slippery slope and a Muslim should be cautious of the risks involved if indulged too deeply in these activities.

Whether dead ones have any connection with this world or not? following comments of Ghamidi Sahab will be helpful in this regard:

Discussion 56167

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register