Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Is Astrology Shirk

• Is Astrology Shirk

Posted by Amara Khondekar on March 18, 2022 at 1:29 am

Salam sir,

I want to know if astrology is shirk in Islam. It is minor or major shirk. Many Muslim think the destiny writer is Allah buy may be through Star Zodiac etc they can find a little. Are they committing shirk?

Also, we make figure in sky using star like flowers etc by connecting star. Without any purpose of any kind of prediction. Is that allowed?

Umer replied 2 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 18, 2022 at 1:45 am

Refer to these threads

Discussion 33573

Discussion 48694

• Amara Khondekar

Member March 18, 2022 at 2:12 am

Salam brother, from the link you shared I found it’s Haram. But couldn’t find if it’s shirk?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 18, 2022 at 11:35 am

If I remember it correctly, Ghamidi Sahib said it is just as any other type of knowledge; just like we predict weather. I think the problem lies in the fact that almost all of the astrologers are lying and making money based on lies. Even if they are really good at Astrology, this is not an exact science. They may be sometimes correct, but if we let them dictate our life based on their predictions, then it creates a serious problem in the society and the society will not be able to function properly. If it was nearly a perfect science with very specific predictions, then perhaps following the science will not be an issue.

Still think about it. If an astrologer predicts that, for example, you will get into an accident today so do not step outside. Following that prediction, you don’t step outside and never get into an accident. Doesn’t it mean that it was already in your fate that you will go to an astrologer and based on his prediction you will not step outside. So, the astrologer never changed your fate and it was never in your fate that you will get into an accident.

• Umer

Moderator March 18, 2022 at 11:58 pm

Superstitions that human beings become target of are of polytheistic genre. Thus the Prophet (sws) has warned people about them. He has also preventively stopped people from certain things which though do not fall in the ambit of polytheism are liable to lead to it like astrology resulting in belief in stars etc.

Please refer to the following lecture for details:

https://youtu.be/s5etJdXeHfw

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register