Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Homosexuality In Quran And Punishment For This Act?

• Homosexuality In Quran And Punishment For This Act?

Posted by Faraz Siddiqui on March 18, 2022 at 8:40 am

I question came about homosexuality

Quran doesn’t say homosexuality is forbidden for Muslims. It mentioned it in context with previous nation of Lut AS but never said anything about it being forbidden for muslims.

Similarly it mentions how Zina is forbidden explicitly. It doesn’t deal with homosexuality same way, why?

What is the Hadd of homosexuality? Ibn Hazam says it’s only 10 whips.

Please clarify

Thanks

Faraz Siddiqui replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Homosexuality In Quran And Punishment For This Act?

Faraz Siddiqui updated 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member March 18, 2022 at 8:57 am

In my opinion, Allah’s basic laws and rules don’t change over time. All stories in Quran are to explain Allah laws.

The question about how serious is the sin of homosexuality, I would guess it is quite serious, but not to the level of unforgiveable or to the level of Shirk. But if someone knowingly continues without repenting, asking Allah for forgiveness and not striving to stop, then it would get more serious. Remember Allah destroyed communities because they were cheating people in commerce in terms of weight and measure and Allah also destroyed communities based on homosexuality.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 18, 2022 at 9:15 am

I my opinion Zina is more serious than homosexuality because Zina destroys a marriage relationship, it damages the life of children born out of wedlock and it destroys the wider community, but ultimately it is Allah who would decide on the seriousness of each sin based on all circumstances and variables. We can’t decide.

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member March 18, 2022 at 12:57 pm

I agree with u brother and that’s how I understood it too

But Quran mentioned big crimes and then mentioned it explicitly like Zina, murder, honesty in trade. Quran mentioned these sins by other nations but also asked Muslims not to do it

Homosexuality is the same but it’s not explicitly forbidden.

I do not have an issue with rational arguments, it actually highlights the problem even more that why Quran didn’t address it clearly

• Umer

Moderator March 19, 2022 at 12:49 am

Regarding Homosexuality in Quran, please see::

Discussion 66225 • Reply 66258

Regarding punishment of Homosexuality, please refer to the video below from 31:41 to 32:54

https://youtu.be/Oefc0_3uwRA?t=1901

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member March 19, 2022 at 3:54 am

Umer bhai thanks for the answer

Is the whole video is about homosexuality? I’ll watch it insha Allah

I respectfully disagree that homosexuality can be included in Fawahish. Fawahish is with respect to others

Homosexuality means one is attracted to another person of same sex. He/she can marry him/her. It’s limited to that one person just like in marriage.

There r no boundaries crossed if society accepts homosexuality as normal variant of human behavior

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member March 22, 2022 at 5:12 am

Brother Umer

I accept my mistake

Quran clearly mentions homosexuality as Fawahish in 7:80, I missed it

Thanks for your help

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register