Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Is Denying Finality Of Prophet Muhammad (SWS) Prophethood Kufr?

• Is Denying Finality Of Prophet Muhammad (SWS) Prophethood Kufr?

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on March 25, 2022 at 11:47 am

Assalamualaikum

Can on the interpretation the understanding of one person, can other person be called kafir. Like there are 6 Imaaniyat (belief on Allah, angels, books, prophets, judgement day, good and bad fate from Allah). If someone denies even one of them then the belief of person can be called kufr (not the person himself,but belief). In it, it’s not mentioned that Prophet SAW is the last Prophet. And everyone from the clear words of Quran understands that he is the last Prophet. And if someone denies that Prophet SAW is the last Prophet then can his this belief be called kufr (remember: not saying about person itself but belief)?

Haseeb Faisal replied 2 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Is Denying Finality Of Prophet Muhammad (SWS) Prophethood Kufr?

Haseeb Faisal updated 2 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 25, 2022 at 1:33 pm

If someone claims to be muslim then we will not refute his claims. We will give arguments against his belief.

Yes if one person believes in Quran, he has to accept finality of prophethood.
    Watch https://fb.watch/4RlWWZ709y/

• Umer

Moderator March 25, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Yes, it is Kufar according to Ghamidi Sahab, please see:

Discussion 4209 • Reply 4656

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 5, 2024 at 4:06 pm

I have a confusion regarding this matter. Apologies, I know this is a very controversial topic and I don’t mean to offend anyone whatsoever. I just mean to seek clarity based off the explanation provided by Ghamidi Sahab. Everything below is assuming Ghamidi Sahab’s interpretation on the Finality of Prophethood and the Second Coming of Hazrat Isa (PBUH) to be correct.

Basically, my understanding is that Ahmadi people understand the Quran to be saying that Hazrat Isa (PBUH) will not return, which appears to be the correct interpretation given the evidence presented by Ghamidi Sahab. As such, they discredit any ahadith that suggest otherwise; however, the prophecy of the Messiah returning – alluded in many ahadith – is completed through Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

In contrast, the mainstream Muslim belief seems to derive an interpretation on Hazrat Isa (PBUH)’s discussion in the Quran through various ahadtih, believing him to return as a member of the current Ummah (and not a Prophet), who will fight the Anti-Christ. Bottom line – they also believe that the Messiah is returning, but through Hazrat Isa (PBUH).

My question is – to what extent are the claims here similar? In the case of Ahmadi people, a correct interpretation of the Quran is leading them to add a personality and associated revelations into Islam, otherwise unsanctioned by Allah SWT. On the other hand, false events, prophecies, and status is being ascribed to Hazrat Isa (PBUH), which one could argue is also unsanctioned by Allah SWT. In both cases, is the finality of prophethood through Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) not being undermined by both parties? Either way, their interpretations are backed by the return of the Messiah, which – according to them – does not nullify the finality of Prophethood. If so, would Ghamidi Sahab’s explanation on kufar in the video above treat these interpretations differently?

I hope the question is clear.

• Umer

Moderator February 7, 2024 at 5:36 am

Statement of Ghamidi Sahab was from a principle standpoint and it applies equally to both viewpoints. Accordign to Ahnaf, Prophet Jesus (sws) will come as a follower of Shariah of Prophet Muhammad (sws) but he will be a prophet as well and will do ijtihad directly from Quran. This is problematic because hypothetically speaking, when prophet jesus will understand a particular verse of Quran then it is his interpretation of that verse which will hold the final authority and not those words of Quran themselves. Similarly, when Mirza Ghulam Ahmed interprets a verse of Quran then it is his interpretation which holds the final authority and both these scenarios in essence negate the final authority of Quran as both Meezan and Quran or finality of Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (sws) because now the yardstick is no more Quran but a divine personality who will interpret the Quran for us.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 8, 2024 at 12:03 am

Okay, I see. This explanation clears things up for me. JazakAllah Umer Bhai.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register