Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam One Act Of Sadqa-i-Jaria Intended For Multiple People

• One Act Of Sadqa-i-Jaria Intended For Multiple People

Posted by Haniya on March 28, 2022 at 3:40 pm

let’s say I decide to plant one, singular tree for sadqah jaariah.

1. Is that one tree allowed to be used upon multiple people in the name of Sadqah Jaariah? Can I dedicate that one tree for several people, instead of one? Would Allah SWT accept this?

2. Would those people’s rewards reaped from the singular tree be less than if I dedicated an individual tree for them all?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 3 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • One Act Of Sadqa-i-Jaria Intended For Multiple People

• Umer

Moderator March 29, 2022 at 2:17 am

Sadqa-i-Jaria is not an absolute thing, it is subject to the person’s intentions (for whom it is being done) and their efforts when they were alive in this world. If the intention was there before the person passed away, then doing of such an act on their behalf will Insha’Allah reap additional rewards for the dead. Had there been no intention or effort to begin with, then there cannot be any reward for the dead, no matter how many trees are planted on behalf of that person. Once you understand the principle in the light of Quran, then it doesn’t make much difference whether shared trees are planted for multiple people or separate trees are planted for each person. It is upto you, considering your ease and satisfaction that how many trees you plant, as long as you’re clear on the concept of Sadqa-i-Jaria.

For Details on the concept of Sadqa-i-Jaria, please see:

Discussion 31067 • Reply 31072

• Shah Alam

Member January 3, 2023 at 11:04 am

MY marhum father always give blankets to poor in winter, when he was alive. However after giving me good and islamic upbringing, my father did nt instruct me to do this formally or verbally. Now i will donate same thing as like past with intention for isaal e swaab for my father. My question is, will my father gor reward for this sadka even he didnt told me to this verbally?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 3, 2023 at 11:27 pm

Your father will get a reward for this, Insha Allah, even if he did not verbally told you. Actions speaks louder than words. The prophet is reported to have said, the one who initiat a good way, and the peopole follow it, he will be rewared only for his own deed but the deed of others who get inspiration from him.

من سن في الإسلام سنة حسنة كان له أجرها وأجر من عمل بها من بعده لا ينقص ذلك من أجورهم شيئا، ومن سن في الإسلام سنة سيئة كان عليه وزرها ووزر من عمل بها من بعده لا ينقص ذلك من أوزارهم شيئا

خرجه مسلم في صحيحه.

جو شخص اسلام میں اچھی بات نکالے (یعنی عمدہ بات کو جاری کرے جو شریعت کی رو سے ثواب ہے) پھر لوگ اس کے بعد اس پر عمل کریں تو اس کو اتنا ثواب ہو گا جتنا سب عمل کرنے والوں کو ہو گا اور عمل کرنے والوں کے ثواب میں کچھ کمی نہ ہو گی

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register