Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Are Women Supposed To Hide Their Forehand

Tagged: , ,

• Are Women Supposed To Hide Their Forehand

Posted by Amara Khondekar on March 31, 2022 at 1:45 am

Salam,

I noticed if wear loose sleeve then if I do any work or move my hand little forehand is visible. I have seen pictures of female scholar and for them also when they move their hand little forehand is visible.

Certain dress/sleeves can cover and does not move. But they are skin tight. Showing shape.

What is the solution of this?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Are Women Supposed To Hide Their Forehand

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 31, 2022 at 2:48 am

Quran says, that if you men and women face each other, they should guard their gazes and private parts. and if woman have adorned themselves, in that case, they need to cover their adornments, except for what is usually stay bare and that includes face and hands. it means that if these parts are adorned they may stay bare. See verse 24: 30 and 31.

• Amara Khondekar

Member March 31, 2022 at 2:52 am

Salam Sir, hands means how much hand? Majority of scholar says it’s only wrist… Very few say forehand.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 31, 2022 at 4:39 am

Quran says, what usually stay bare, so it is the dress and the culture to decide what usually stay bare, not a scholar

• Amara Khondekar

Member March 31, 2022 at 5:41 am

Salam Sir,

Can Muslim women wear tight jeans/tops in front of other women?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 31, 2022 at 6:22 am

In the verse 24:31 God mentioned the relations in front of whom, woman can show her adornments. This includes

“or their women of acquaintance”

Ghamidi sahib writes in Al Bayan

“It is evident from these words that unknown women should be treated the same way as men and a Muslim lady should be very careful in displaying her concealed embellishments before them.”

It implies that woman should not show her private parts, bare or in tight dresses, to other women, especially when they are not of acquaintance.

• Amara Khondekar

Member March 31, 2022 at 6:27 am

Ok Thank you sir, but sometimes we share room with muslim/non Muslim women/relative. Specially for sleeping. That time dress will not be proper many time. Even loose dress sometimes show body shape. Is that ok?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 31, 2022 at 6:34 am

Here comes another principle of Deen that is Hardship. Islam does not bother your when an unusual hardship occurs. Moreover, The women you live with are your acquaintance so here comes leniency.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register