Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Zakat On Funds Related To On Going Construction Expense

Tagged: 

• Zakat On Funds Related To On Going Construction Expense

Posted by Adnan Ahmed on April 2, 2022 at 2:59 am

Salam Admin,

I sold my own flat and go on renting my family accomodation. I had plot available where I am currently carrying construction with the money I got from selling my own flat.

I am initial stages of construction and expecting to spend all the money I have currently available plus money I will earn throughout year.

So as Month of ramadan is ahead of us. Should I am liable to pay zakat on the money I hold currently which I am using on my ongoing home construction ?

However I have wife’s jewllary in possession I will pay zakat as per nisab as I am not looking to sale the jewllary for construction .

Please guide me on this situation.

Thanks,

Adnan

Umer replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Zakat On Funds Related To On Going Construction Expense

Umer updated 2 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Adnan Ahmed

Member April 3, 2022 at 12:35 pm

Any one can comment on question please ?

• Umer

Moderator April 4, 2022 at 1:32 pm

As a principle, there is no Zakat on items of Personal use. So by extension, if the building under construction is genuinely being built for personal use, then both the under construction building and funds would be exempt from Zakat.

Please refer to the following responses of Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 65386 • Reply 65399

Discussion 65386 • Reply 66151

The discussion "Zakat On Funds Related To On Going Construction Expense" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now