Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy The Role Of God In My Decision

Tagged: , , ,

• The Role Of God In My Decision

Posted by Muhammad Talha on April 2, 2022 at 6:56 pm

If i make a decision, how much the role of God has in it. In Quran God says, all the matters belong to Allah.

1: Then it means all the results of a decision is depending upon God?

2: second question is that if i want to do something,tried for it and it didn’t happen. Lets say i want to drink a glass of water and it slips from my hand and fell to the earth. Should i think that God doesn’t want that i drink that?(because all the matters belong to Allah)

Muhammad Talha replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • The Role Of God In My Decision

Muhammad Talha updated 2 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 3, 2022 at 12:14 am

I’m not sure which verse of the Quran you might be referring to. It has to be read and understood in context so please share a reference. With that said, our decisions belong to us that we make using our own free will. The results of all of our actions do rest with God. Things in this universe take place on God’s principle of cause and effect, and He intervenes whenever He finds necessary according to His divine wisdom.

In the trivial example that you shared, you should learn from your mistake of keeping a lose grip on the glass and fetch another glass of water to drink. When you have already made your best effort, exhausted all feasible avenues, and are still unable to achieve a desired result then only you can consider it the will of God.

• Muhammad Talha

Member April 3, 2022 at 1:54 am

Yes it is in 22:41. Without context i believe it effects same as we believe as in reading God is one.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register