Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Politely Rejecting Invitations To Polytheistic Activities From Parents

• Politely Rejecting Invitations To Polytheistic Activities From Parents

Posted by Sameer Namole on April 3, 2022 at 9:51 am

AoA

There comes many situations in our life where we’ve to say ‘No’ to religious gatherings like Bidah etc. And there are many gatherings doing shirk too. In a video when Ghamidi sahab was asked particularly about gatherings and functions of non muslims, he said to go there but not to indulge in any immoral activity. I’ve got another video now where he’s saying to not join functions of Bidat like qul, chaliswa etc etc.

The link

As our test is of Akhlaq, how should we say No or reject these invitations while being polite or like that. Pls guide. This is a important questions as there are often many incidents like this in home too where we’ve to disagree with parents and they get upset when we deny their opinion. How can we know that now we’re crossing the line of Akhlaq and this can be counted as sin now etc.

Thanks in advance.

Umer replied 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Politely Rejecting Invitations To Polytheistic Activities From Parents

Umer updated 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 3, 2022 at 9:31 pm

There’s no way to provide a generic answer to this. How you politely excuse yourself from such activities or functions really depends upon your relationship with the host. Personally speaking, I would thank them for their invite but clearly and politely tell them that my religion doesn’t allow me to attend.

• Umer

Moderator April 4, 2022 at 3:56 pm

Following comments of Ghamidi Sahab are relevant to your question. Please refer to the video below from 1:04:03 to 1:06:17

https://youtu.be/NyN171MwbmM?t=3843

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register