Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hadith Regarding Solomon / Suleman AS And Many Women

• Hadith Regarding Solomon / Suleman AS And Many Women

Posted by Fariah on April 4, 2022 at 5:38 pm

Please explain this narration:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Solomon (the son of) David said, ‘Tonight I will sleep with seventy ladies each of whom will conceive a child who will be a knight fighting for “Allah’s Cause.’ His companion said, ‘If Allah will.’ But Solomon did not say so; therefore none of those women got pregnant except one who gave birth to a half child.” The Prophet (ﷺ) further said, “If the Prophet (ﷺ) Solomon had said it (i.e. ‘If Allah will’) he would have begotten children who would have fought in Allah’s Cause.” Shuaib and Ibn Abi Az-Zinad said, “Ninety (women) is more correct (than seventy).

https://sunnah.com/bukhari:3424

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Hadith Regarding Solomon / Suleman AS And Many Women

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Zain Ul Abideen

Member April 4, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Quran tells Us a complete opposite story about Him AS If you read stories about Sulaiman AS in the Quran in Surah Naml and HUD. I am not sure about this Hadith but bani Israel said some bad stuff about him like other prophets and they didn’t accept him as prophet of Allah.

I just watched a video today about Sulaiman AS by Abu Yahya, a student of Ustad Ghamidi and he’s my reference to everything I said above.

Allah knows best.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 4, 2022 at 9:09 pm

Once again, I would like to draw your attention to Ask Ghamidi Code of Conduct. Please understand that Ask Ghamidi is not a regular discussion board where anyone can post whatever they like. Instead it’s an educational forum where we try to answer questions raised by people so that they may be able to understand their religion better. The language you used in this question was very inappropriate, especially in reference to a prophet of God. It has been edited in hopes that it will help you see with an example how you can ask the same question in a more civil and academic manner while still conforming to the Code of Conduct.

The first thing that you should understand in reference to your question is that the entire hadith corpus that we have available today consists of narrations that have been transmitted by individuals and Prophet Muhammad SAW has no responsibility of what was heard, understood, or narrated. There are many examples of errors and omissions in hadith narrations, therefore they must be understood in the light of the Quran and the Sunnah. When the entire message of the Quran as well as all the teachings of Prophets of God are about morality, it’s inconceivable to assume any immoral behavior from them.

The hadith narration in question has been criticized by certain scholars because it’s impossible for a person to have intercourse with so many women in one night. The number of women in the narration has also been disputed since different numbers appear in different hadith collections.

If the hadith narration is in fact true, there’s no reason to assume that those women were not the wives of Solomon SAW.

Finally, one must understand that in the past the humanity lived a life that was extremely different from the life as we know it today. The only protection that people had against aggression of others was from their own family members. It was not uncommon for men to have many wives as well as dozens of children. The number of children a person had was the sign of his strength within his comments. It should not be a surprise to anyone if Solomon AH had many wives (whatever the number may be) and he desired many children.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register