Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Azan On A Loud Speaker In A Non-Muslim Majority Country

• Azan On A Loud Speaker In A Non-Muslim Majority Country

Posted by Sameer Namole on April 5, 2022 at 8:04 am

AoA

There’s a controversy happening in my country India about using loud speakers for Azaan.

I won’t say if it’s being created for political benefits or people do really have problems with it because it’s not my jurisdiction to judge people’s intentions.

If we look at the situation critically without being biased, most of the time in muslim majority areas there are many mosques of different sects and they have different timings for Azaan. So the scenario becomes like there are continuous 5-7 azans for each prayer and it kind off frustrates the observer if he’s not a practising muslim or he’s not a muslim at all.

Similar issue happens with friday congregational prayers where people block roads to pray. When there’s provision of multiple jamaat why do people rush so much.

Are these activities permissible in a religion that guides to remove obstacles from road that can prick people or any passer-by.

Religion is a personal matter and it’s great if people are coming together to express their faith in their God, there’s nothing wrong about it and no one is against prayer or azaan. It’s the loudspeakers and blocking of roads that creates issue for people.

When we tell people about this, they try to argue by pointing other religions and their acts. So I am not only asking about neutral analysis, I want Islamic perspective about this issue.

Elaborate accordingly pls.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Azan On A Loud Speaker In A Non-Muslim Majority Country

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 6, 2022 at 12:45 am

Performing rituals while causing pain or discomfort to others is a sin. Blocking the road for prayer has no legitimacy in Islam. The community should find some other solutions.

Azan on loud speakers is not necessary. Azan from every mosque is also not necessary. A single Azan is enough to broadcast in an area and Muslims can go to the mosque near their homes.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register