Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Qarz-e-Hasana From The Zakat

Tagged: 

• Qarz-e-Hasana From The Zakat

Posted by Saleh Abubaker on April 5, 2022 at 8:41 am

Can we give Qarz-e-hasana from the Zakat amount calculated for the current period? Upon repayment, six to seven months later, funds will be distributed among the institutions authorized to collect Zakat

Thank you

Saleh Abubaker replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Qarz-e-Hasana From The Zakat

Saleh Abubaker updated 2 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 5, 2022 at 9:32 am

Qarz is a loan and zakat is not appropriate for that since it’s an obligation. If you see a need of an individual or the society that falls under the heads of zakat then you can fulfill that need with your zakat money without asking that it be returned to you in the future.

The following thread lists the heads of zakat from the Quran:

Discussion 49509

• Saleh Abubaker

Member April 5, 2022 at 9:38 am

You are providing something obvious. Someone is asking for assistance which is not possible unless I give him from the Zakat money. Once he pays me back it will be distributed among the institutions that collect Zakat. This way with same funds a person gets financial support in short term as well as the institutions

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 5, 2022 at 9:54 am

I can only help you with the understanding of God’s laws. Since we have been asked not to play with these laws, I apologize that I can’t provide you with anything better.

If you don’t have enough money and think that the need of a person is immediate but temporary, you might be able to make an ijtihad to loan him the money now and delay your zakat for a later time. Please understand that in that case your zakat will still be due upon you even if the person doesn’t return the money to you.

• Saleh Abubaker

Member April 5, 2022 at 12:15 pm

Thank you for guidance.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register