Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Forgiveness When Children Are Sinners And Effects Of Evil Deeds Cannot Be Undone

• Forgiveness When Children Are Sinners And Effects Of Evil Deeds Cannot Be Undone

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on April 6, 2022 at 3:10 pm

I am having confusion in order to understand this.

Allah says in quran “And every soul earns not [blame] except against itself, and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another” (Quran 6:164).

I’ve read discussion on this matter and understood that a person will be rewarded in this life and after death by his charitable works, the knowledge he has spread and the prayers of pious children.

My question is what If a Person had spread wrong knowledge or acts in his life . Example : If a person is alcoholic and also makes his friends to conusme alcohol but later he repents but his friends are still can’t get ovet it. So how will this issue be dealt with?. Will he still be held accountable for his friend’s actions ?

Also If his children are not pious then? Will he be responsible for his children being pious or not??..

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Forgiveness When Children Are Sinners And Effects Of Evil Deeds Cannot Be Undone

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 7, 2022 at 1:47 am

Repentance has its limits. sometimes man can’t undo all what he has done wrong, but he wishes to undo if he could. and whatever he could, he did, this intention and his possible effort can earn him the grace and forgiveness of God.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member April 8, 2022 at 1:46 am

Okay this I understood but my question is :-

1) In such situations, will the person bear the burden of other sins after all the efforts?

2) Will a person be responsible for the sins of his children? As I used to believe that a person will be responsible only for the efforts of raising his children, after that whatever the children do, they will be responsible for their own actions. But yesterday I found out that the parents can achieve good deeds through the prayers of a pious child, then what will happen otherwise? If such children are not righteous, will the parents be held responsible?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 10, 2022 at 1:03 am

Man is responsible only for such things which he initiates. If he makes his children bad and shows them wrong ways, only then will he be responsible for the wrongs of his children.

It is ultimately to be decided by God, who has all the knowledge, whether a person deserves to be forgiven or not.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member April 10, 2022 at 2:29 am

Got it . Thank you.

bdw, A man will be held responsbile only when he will knowingly and intentionally show his children wrong ways, right?.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 10, 2022 at 3:38 am

Yes. Every bad or good action deserves to be rewarded when intended

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register