Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Lying At Job To Get A Leave

• Lying At Job To Get A Leave

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on April 9, 2022 at 7:24 am

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

At jobs many people do lie for taking a leave even for need, if they know that by giving that reason they will not get leave so they take sick leave. Would it be morally right and money earned in that days would be halal (leave days)?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Lying At Job To Get A Leave

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 10, 2022 at 1:48 am

One should avoid telling a lie. if necessary make it looks like something valid, but not untrue. The money earned is for your work. if you did your assigned work, your income is halal.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member April 11, 2022 at 1:45 pm

For example if i work at a restaurant and if i take a leave so i will still get paid. But the reason which i think is a valid reason but may not be able to make them accept as valid, and i take a leave. So for job i have to be present there, but if i take a leave i will still get paid. If i wil take a leave without informing so it may can cause future problems on career and record?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 11, 2022 at 1:52 pm

I’m unable to comprehend your example, but you have to understand that lies and deception are immoral, and everything immoral is impermissible. Armed with this knowledge, I’m sure that you can deal with your situation in the best possible manner.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member April 12, 2022 at 7:06 am

Like according to the rule, if you take a leave you will still get paid. Dr Irfan sahab said that the money you earned is for your work. But if i work at a restaurant, my presence is my job. (it’s not some computer job that you will still complete your work at home). So if i take a leave (like i have to travel abroad), but this excuse is not acceptable to them and i say that i need “sick leave”, because not getting on my “real” excuse. If i still take leave without any valid reason that they accept, then that can cause future problems. So if i take leave saying sick, would my earning for these days be “halal”.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 13, 2022 at 1:20 am

It seems unethical. Better don’t claim your wages for those days.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member April 17, 2022 at 1:57 pm

So money earned at these days, if i will pay back so it can cause problems then can i give it as charity?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 18, 2022 at 3:35 am

Yes. and you can compensate your employer with some extra work or any other way.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register