Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Following Easiest Approach In Religion Among Different Interpretations

Tagged: , ,

• Following Easiest Approach In Religion Among Different Interpretations

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on April 9, 2022 at 10:31 am

What should be the goal of a person while understanding an opinion on Islam?.

Is it wrong for anyone to opt for an opinion which is easier for him to follow?

I mean, It’s human nature to opt for an easy option.Islam is also the religion of fitrah. Allah has made religion in such a way that it will be easy for people to follow.So I think there is no wrong If a person opt for an easy opinion.

I think the principle that every human should know before opting for anything is to keep logic and evidence in the first priority. By keeping this in the first priority, I think there is no wrong for having an easy approach for a religion.By “easy” here I mean, a human always finds an easy route for a destination, not a wrong route ,so I think If a person has an easy approach for a religion there is no wrong in it. The principle is that the easy approach shoud not be like blindly choosing a easy opinion.It should fit well with logic, truth, evidence and honesty.

Ultimately it is up to human to decide what’s appropriate with their logic.

Also if a person does not find an easy opinion that is reasonable, then obviously his correct and logical alternative should be followed which is understandable to them regardless of the difficult or easy opinion.

I think the goal is to follow the right thing but there is nothing wrong in having an easy approach to follow in the initial stage.

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 1 year, 11 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Following Easiest Approach In Religion Among Different Interpretations

• Fatimah

Member April 9, 2022 at 1:34 pm

There’s no easy or hard way. It’s about right or wrong. This can be understood through understanding evidences and logics.

Infact, what you are saying about easy approach is the other way around for most people who don’t want to spend time on research on religion and choose the ‘easy way’ by blindly following any scholar.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member April 10, 2022 at 2:23 am

I have said that the goal is to follow the right thing but having an easy approach is no wrong.

I have also said that if any opinion which is easier for a person to follow does not make sense then he should follow the right thing regardless of the difficulty.

Evidence, logic and truth should be kept in the first priority but again in the initial stage having an easy approach is no wrong.

Even when a difficult situation arises , the scholars always try to come up with a solution that will be easier for people to follow.

I think having an easy approach is a human nature and we can’t deny this fact.

Now this “Easy” approach is subjective. Some people may find it easy to act after doing proper research and some may find it difficult to do research.

• Umer

Moderator April 10, 2022 at 3:08 pm

Videos available in the following threads will be helpful in this context:

Discussion 52739

Discussion 45710 • Reply 45730

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member May 10, 2022 at 12:18 pm

Can you explain this video from 1.51-3:50? Especially Ghamidi sahab’s response to the question of faisal sahab is confusing me .

• Ahsan

Moderator May 10, 2022 at 1:36 pm

He is saying that you can listen to different opinion and their argument, which ever argument seem better to you follow it

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member May 10, 2022 at 2:03 pm

The confusion which I have is that Ghamidi sahab himself said that it’s alright to change opinion when stronger evidence comes to us but the response he gave to the question of Faisal sahab is confusing me. He said that one should cry before allah for accepting a different opinion in the past which is actually wrong according to the evidence of his present time. I am not actually very good at understanding urdu so yeah It is possible that I misunderstood any word.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 10, 2022 at 2:54 pm

What he’s saying there is that if a common person opined on his own and later found out that his opinion was wrong then he should sincerely repent to God. However, if someone took an opinion of a scholar and then later finds stronger evidence against it then he should simply accept the new opinion. He also warned that common people should not form any opinions in religion without the guidance of a scholar.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member May 10, 2022 at 3:13 pm

Understood. Thank you very much sir🙏🏻.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register