Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Following The Understanding Of The Salaf

• Following The Understanding Of The Salaf

Posted by Iftekharul Islam on July 17, 2020 at 2:33 am

A common hadith quoted by the people who follow the Salafi interpretation of Islam is

“The best of people are my generation then those who succeed them, then those who succeed them”.

Therefore we must adhere to the understanding of the Salaf in every aspect of religion.

What is Ghamidi sb’s take on this hadith? Is there any video or article of his on this matter?

Umer replied 2 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Following The Understanding Of The Salaf

Umer updated 2 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 17, 2020 at 8:05 pm

I think Ghamidi sahab discusses this issue at length in Meezan lectures. Hopefully some friend will find the video and post it here.

Following is a great discussion of Nouman Ali Khan and his colleague Dr. Sohaib Saeed and they discussed this issue. Hopefully it will help.

https://www.facebook.com/noumanbayyinah/videos/581213479260223/

• Iftekharul Islam

Member August 20, 2020 at 7:04 am

@UmerQureshi Salam brother. Can you provide some video or article links of Ghamidi sb on this matter?

• Umer

Moderator August 20, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Assalamualikum! I don’t have any such video or article of Ghamidi Sahab specifically discussing this Hadith. Will share it as soon as I come across this discussion by Ghamidi Sahab.

• Umer

Moderator August 22, 2020 at 4:38 pm

In recent Q&A session with Ghamidi Sahab on questions selected from AskGhamidi Platform:

Question :

What does this Hadith mean?

خَيْرُ النَّاسِ قَرْنِي، ثُمَّ الَّذِينَ يَلُونَهُمْ، ثُمَّ الَّذِينَ يَلُونَهُمْ، ثُمَّ يَجِيءُ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ قَوْمٌ تَسْبِقُ شَهَادَتُهُمْ أَيْمَانَهُمْ وَأَيْمَانُهُمْ شَهَادَتَهُمْ

“The best people are those of my generation, and then those who will come after them (the next generation), and then those who will come after them (i.e. the next generation), and then after them, there will come people whose witness will precede their oaths, and whose oaths will precede their witness.” (Sahih al-Bukhari 6429)

For answer, please refer to the video below from 1:18:21 till the end

https://youtu.be/q6xbGH68tZQ?t=4701

• Umer

Moderator August 23, 2020 at 6:37 am

Sorry! the video was edited after I posted it.

• Gumiho Ki

Member August 19, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Can u translate please?

• Umer

Moderator August 21, 2021 at 6:14 am

According to Ghamidi Sahab, the content of this Hadith is appropriate, as Quran calls Sahaba (rta) to be the best nation of their time, therefore, their period was supposed to be best and with passing generations, it was supposed to deteriorate.

Allah also says in Quran, to not spread anarchy on earth after we clean it from earth, referring to itmam-e-hujjah of prophets where everything becomes clean of evil after the punishment and only pious and God-fearing people are left on the earth; but we see that with time, new generations again start spreading the anarchy/mischief/evil.

Lastly, we ned to realize that only thing which can help us not deviate too much from the right path is the Quran, if we all hold to it tightly, we will never go astray. But it can only we wished.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register