Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Sharing Pictures On The Social Media

• Sharing Pictures On The Social Media

Posted by Alaiya on April 11, 2022 at 12:09 pm

Assalam o Alaikum. It’s been a while that I’ve been pondering over this, and would like you to shed some light on it. Is it haram to post your pictures online?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Sharing Pictures On The Social Media

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Asma

Member April 11, 2022 at 12:52 pm

I also had the same question but I want to specify some details in this question

If a woman has done zeenat can she post her picture on social media ,considering that she is abiding by the rule in Surah nur according to which she can only display the zeenat that come under illa ma zahra minha(that is zeenat on hands feet face and clothes )

Please share sir ghamidi’s viewpoint on this,I have searched online but couldn’t find any

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 11, 2022 at 2:39 pm

Sharing a picture on the social media is not inherently haram, however, two things should be kept in mind:

1. There should be no aspect of immorality or polytheism involved.

2. The norms of gender interaction must not be violated.

For details about the norms of gender interaction, please see:

Discussion 30301

• Alaiya

Member April 11, 2022 at 3:41 pm

Thanks for replying. I have another question regarding this, if a person is all dressed up in pretty clothes, have their hair open, and have makeup on, does this count as immorality? I mean, if they post a picture online where both male and female can see them, would it be haram?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 11, 2022 at 4:07 pm

No it wouldn’t be immoral but it would be against the norms of gender interaction since it will be available for anyone to see.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register