Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Sharing Pictures On Social Media If One Is Abiding Parda Directives In Surah Nur

Tagged: , ,

• Sharing Pictures On Social Media If One Is Abiding Parda Directives In Surah Nur

Posted by Asma on April 11, 2022 at 3:31 pm

Salam,I have watched sir ghamidi’s series of response to 23 questions (parda section) but I am still confused about this

If a woman has done zeenat can she post her pictures on social media ,considering that she is abiding by the rule in Surah nur according to which she can only display the zeenat that come under illa ma zahra minha(that is zeenat on hands feet face and clothes ) or will this act also be considered as numaish/display/exhibition of those adornments that can be revealed

Please share sir ghamidi’s viewpoint on this,I have searched online but couldn’t find any

Umer replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sharing Pictures On Social Media If One Is Abiding Parda Directives In Surah Nur

Umer updated 2 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator April 11, 2022 at 4:54 pm

There is no specific video of Ghamidi Sahab available on this topic but once you understand the concept of “Norms of Gender Interaction” you can apply it to any situation. Therefore based on that, as long as one is mindful of the ‘Norms of Gender Interaction prescribed in Sharia‘, then there is nothing wrong with posting one’s pictures.

For details on norms of Gender Interaction, please see:

Discussion 30301

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab in the context of fashion modelling and acting (which is very much related to your query) from 45:53 to 52:45

Discussion 47826 • Reply 47840

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register