Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Does Quran Address Relationship Of Human Evolution With Modern Technology

• Does Quran Address Relationship Of Human Evolution With Modern Technology

Posted by Shamir on April 13, 2022 at 11:02 am

I have done research on human history, as a result of which I have come to know that the progress that human beings have made so far is the result of evolution. Because as a result of evolution, the human brain also became modern, due to which all the technology also came into existence. Does the Qur’an correspond to this? Because my opinion is that in the present age, the concept of religion is not compatible with it.

Md Saifuddin replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Does Quran Address Relationship Of Human Evolution With Modern Technology

Md Saifuddin updated 2 years ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 13, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Do you mean first human didnot have same coginitive ability as of todays person?

Religion deals with the concept of afterlife. Science donot indulge with falsifying or confirming this inotherowrds metaphysics

• Shamir

Member April 13, 2022 at 12:18 pm

Yes, I mean that the ancient man did not have the intellectual abilities that man has today. This has been proven by research. And the place where humanity stands today is a clear proof of that.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 13, 2022 at 12:27 pm

its not proven by research. On the contraty modern anthropoligist believe that they have same abilities as of todys human. Eg chk Dr. Sally McBrearty who wrote this in his work
    The earliest Homo sapiens probably had the cognitive capability to invent Sputnik
    chk https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260499084_Rethinking_the_Human_Revolution_New_Behavioural_and_Biological_Perspectives_on_the_Origin_and_Dispersal_of_Modern_Humans

• Shamir

Member April 13, 2022 at 12:34 pm
    • Ahsan

Moderator April 13, 2022 at 1:30 pm

I have read science paper. Thanks for that.

There is one problem with the study, they dont have actual brain to start with. But i guess they know what they are doing so let disregard this problem for now.

It says that early human brain was of samae size but brain globularity has increased. It says it may be critical to modern human behaviour. I wonder does it have to do with coginative ability or not?

Do you have any reserch for that to share?
      Also in ur first post, are u implying that since our intelligence has increased so we dont need religion? If yes, can you also explain how can you disprove after life?

• Ahsan

Moderator April 13, 2022 at 1:35 pm

I also ask you to read this which suggest human ability is same asa earlier human
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nature11751

• Shamir

Member April 13, 2022 at 2:40 pm

First of all, I did not say that now our intelligence has increased so that we do not need religion. I mean that you can easily persuade people fourteen hundred years ago by only saying about God, heaven and hell etc. But I am personally saying to that if I have to believe in God I will definitely ask for a sign, then your religious thought is that we have to believe in God without looking at the scientific facts. There is only one, I also have full faith that there is only one being who is running this whole system. But my question is how will this message be relevant to today’s man when your religious thought will say that you should believe in direct God instead of looking at the signs. And yes I also believe that there will be The Day of Resurrection because this voice comes from within me but then I say that I consider the signs to strengthen my faith but then your religious thought Which prevents this work. What should one do in such a case.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 14, 2022 at 3:00 am

If you study Quran carefully, it has always asked to ponder upon the creation of universe and life and how its working.

What we say is that Religion donot deal with the material science. It has been left to human to discover invent etc. It only deals how to prepare onseself for the next life which is going to be permanant.

• Md Saifuddin

Member April 14, 2022 at 3:25 am

“I mean that you can easily persuade people fourteen hundred years ago by only saying about God, heaven and hell etc.”

From a moral point of view this is very dangerous way of thinking. Evolution, regardless of its impact on human progress, is a very slow process. Out of tens of thousands of years, mare 2-3 thousands of years are like yesterday.

Moreover, evolution is much more discrete and random. Progress is not a continuous outcome from evolution.

Even without considering that, human built Pyramids and other humongous empires far before that. So, cognition may not be a driving force behind this recent progress. The questions we ask now against any idea or belief, is not different than Aristotle or Confucius.

(Wrote as one who took beginner level coursework regarding this subject)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register