Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Itikaf During Ramdhan (Seclusion)

Tagged: ,

• Itikaf During Ramdhan (Seclusion)

Posted by Khan on April 17, 2022 at 1:33 am

Assalam-o-Alaikum sir

This is the first time I am going to perform etikaf so I have few questions in my mind please guide me

1) is it true that you only have to perform maximum 10 days and minimum 3 days ? Or we can also perform 4 or 5 days ?

2) and sir agar roze 29 hon to kya 10 days complete krne k liye koi 2nd ashra se beth sakhta he incase agr 29 hon toh 10 din pure hojayen nh to 11

3) aur sir agr kisi aurat k monthly days aajayen etikaf k beech mn phr un liye kya method he ?

Umer replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Itikaf During Ramdhan (Seclusion)

Umer updated 2 years ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator April 17, 2022 at 8:06 am

The pinnacle of the fast is the itikaf. If a person is given this opportunity by God, he should seclude himself from the world for as many days as he can in a mosque to worship the Almighty and he should not leave the mosque except because of some compelling human need. During itikaf, a person is permitted to eat and drink during the night but he cannot have sexual intercourse with his wife. This has been prohibited by the Almighty.

It is better if the itikaf is observed in the second or third portion of Ramadan and is observed for full ten days except if the month is of twenty-nine days. It is evident that the Prophet (sws) too generally followed this practice.

Since fasting is a pre-requisite for itikaf, and women are not allowed to fast during their menstrual cycles, therefore, they cannot perform itikaf during menstrual cycles.

For further details on Itikaf (Seclusion) and related questions, please refer to the video below from 31:37 to 41:30

Alternative Link: ilm-o-Hikmat 26-06-2016

https://youtu.be/1wwZtYjLts4?t=1897

• Khan

Member April 17, 2022 at 1:47 pm

Thank you sir

But for women agr wo itikaf mn bethi hui hen aur beech m menstural cycle aajaye then un ko uth jana chahiye ?

And also please tell me

Kya itikaf ki koi khas ibadat he jo k hum beth k follow kren?

• Umer

Moderator April 18, 2022 at 6:34 am

In case a female’s menstrual cycle starts while she’s in her itikaf, then she has to end her itikaf. Since itikaf is a ‘Nafli Ibadat‘, therefore, there won’t be any kaffara/Fidya for that.

During Itikaf, no special ibadat has been fixed by Sharia, one should try to focus and concentrate on remembering Allah and establishing stronger relationship with Allah. This can be achieved through reading Quran with understanding, understanding religion in depth, Offering Tahajjud Prayers and other Nafil Prayers and Peforming other kind of Tasbih to Praise the Lord etc. etc.

For further details on any special ibadat to perfom during Itikaf, please refer to the video below from 25:46 to 30:50

https://youtu.be/BTvlixbSAT8?t=1546

• Khan

Member April 20, 2022 at 3:48 pm

Sir someone told me to bring a book and pen with you in itikaf because you are not allowed to talk to anybody even if you need something so is it a misconception or is it true kindly answer?

Also is it necessary that i come out from itikaf on chaand rat only or can I come out before chand rat ?

• Umer

Moderator April 21, 2022 at 7:25 am

Since the objective of itikaf is going in seclusion to remember Allah, therefore, it is recommended to not talk uselessly. But this doesn’t mean that one cannot talk at all, if there is something genuine to discuss, then one can talk about it.

Since it is a Nafli Ibadat, then one can come out of itikaf before chand rat, however, if one wants to follow uswa of the Prophet (SWS), then one should complete 10 days of itikaf and come out on chand rat only to complete 10 days of itikaf, except if the month is of 29 days (in that case, itikaf would be of 9 days, which is fine too).

The discussion "Itikaf During Ramdhan (Seclusion)" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now