Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Law Of Guidance And Misguidance

Tagged: , ,

• Law Of Guidance And Misguidance

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 17, 2020 at 6:24 pm

While there are many ayahs that touch on this topic, but I think you can get the idea from the following.

Quran 16:93
    For, had God so willed, He could surely have made you all one single community; however, He lets go astray him that wills [to go astray], and guides aright him that wills [to be guided]; and you will surely be called to account for all that you ever did!

• Umer

Moderator July 18, 2020 at 4:17 am

Law of Guidance and Misguidance (Khuda ki hidayat-o-zalalat ki Sunnat):

Part-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtTi32-36LM

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 5, 2020 at 4:12 pm

The law of Guidance very simply and briefly would be Me using my Aql to acknowledge the universal realities that are found inside all of us (provided one uses their faculties to the fullest and listen to the voice of their inner self) and then establishing the existence of God along with its corollaries, naturally. Then God takes the next step which is instilling in His servant the thirst for guidance. This will be in accordance to God’s wisdom since He knows fully how desperate I am to move a step forward.

Now I have a question here regarding the very first step. Using a practical example from the past, Umar bin Khattab (RA), in whose case the first party was Allah Himself and then the ‘amal’ began from His servant’s side.

From the above example it just feels like the one who is meant to be guided will be guided, regardless of any step taken from their side.

I need both of you to shed some light on this if possible. JazakAllah! @UmerQureshi @faisalharoon

• Umer

Moderator October 5, 2020 at 4:53 pm

What’s your basis for concluding this?

“…in whose case the first party was Allah Himself and then the ‘amal’ began from His servant’s side“.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 5, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Yes I think that you have summed it up pretty well. I would only like to add that once started, it’s supposed to be a continuous cycle – not a one time event. One has to keep seeking guidance, accept it when received, protect it and be grateful for it, keep seeking more, and let the cycle repeat until our last breaths.

As for the example of Umar RA, I can’t objectively comment on it because I’m not aware of what was in his heart, but knowing the law of the Quran, and knowing that God never changes his sunnah, I’m very certain that even Umar RA sought to be guided before God showed him the light.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 6, 2020 at 6:33 am

So im assuming that theres no room for this other possibility? The first party always has to be Me. Could we consider the possibility of exceptions in this case?

Lets for argument’s sake assume that in Umar (RA)’s case the first party was Allah. Could the verses of the Quran that speak about this law of guidance and misguidance have a room for this interpretation or tye law is clear and that is the first party has to be me? @UmerQureshi @faisalharoon

• Umer

Moderator October 6, 2020 at 10:39 am

Seeing it otherwise goes against logic, justice and the whole scheme of God as explained in Quran.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 6, 2020 at 9:14 pm

We also need some evidence to base our belief on. Simply believing things on the basis of imagination is not the proper way to form our worldview.

• Umer

Moderator July 18, 2020 at 4:19 am

Law of Guidance and Misguidance (Khuda ki hidayat-o-zalalat ki Sunnat):

Part-2 (From 00:00 to 42:52)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqa3IcMVdW0&t=2573s

The discussion "Law Of Guidance And Misguidance" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now