Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Use Of Word Kufr For Denying Lasthood Of Prophet SAW

• Use Of Word Kufr For Denying Lasthood Of Prophet SAW

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on April 19, 2022 at 11:06 am

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

If the Quran uses the word “kufr” for that if someone knowingly denies Prophet SAW then he is kafir. If that is so than would that “belief(s)” be called kufriya aqaid or what based on the definition of word kufr?

Umer replied 1 year, 11 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Use Of Word Kufr For Denying Lasthood Of Prophet SAW

Umer updated 1 year, 11 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 20, 2022 at 3:35 am

Kufr means to deny a truth when it is clear that it is truth. if someone deliberately denies the prophet to be the prophet of God, it is kufr.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member April 23, 2022 at 10:55 am

So the one who does “kufr” is kafir. Then why doesn’t we say all non Muslims are kafir?

• Sameer Namole

Member April 23, 2022 at 2:11 pm

I’m a prophet of God and if you deny, you’ll be kafir. Will you accept it. The word to be noted in above response is ‘deliberately’ means someone knows from he’s identity that Muhammad is a prophet of God and still deny it. Non muslims are not kafir because overwhelming majority of them doesn’t know really that prophet Muhammad was a messenger lf Almighty.

Haq ko jhuthlana – denying the truth is kufr. But something can be truth for you but not for me. Allah will decide who knew it and still denied it. Otherwise you’re kafir too if you don’t believe I’m a prophet btw. 😂

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member April 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm

My point was on word “kafir” used for these types of beliefs. Like the person who has “Iman” on Isalm is “Mumin”. So saying that a certain belief (like denying the lasthood of Prophet SAW) is”kufr” then why not using word “kafir” is right for that person. So tbr the question is of word. Like instead of kufr it can be called “badd aqeeda” but not saying a kufr belief holder kafir? Why?

• Sameer Namole

Member April 23, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Got it bhai. Waiting for response of scholars now. Just want to draw your attention to a point that if we start calling people kafir instead of bad aqida, that’s what most of our religious sects are doing.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 25, 2022 at 2:24 am

Mr. Sameer said right. It is only when one in one’s heart and conscience is convinced that he has denied a truth, only then can he be called kafir. Since this state of mind and conscience is not knowable to us, so we can say that the act is kufr but cannot say for sure that the person is a kafir. He might have refused out of confusion or not being convinced.

• Umer

Moderator April 25, 2022 at 8:14 am

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 55391 • Reply 55395

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register